Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Just picked up new 05 545 no Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:50 PM
I dont see ANYTHING in any menu that say "BLUETOOTH".

Did u actually see the category bluetooth or was nothign there.? i dont see ANYTHING at all.

HELP

[quote name='firewired' date='Dec 4 2004, 11:11 AM']Picked mine up about 3 weeks ago.? Dealer didn't know how to set it up, but Bluetooth is there.? You have to click the box under the communication menu to make it active, then you scroll over to phone in the same menu, and pair it with your phone while it is still in the phone menu.? I couldn't get it to pair? for the first couple of attempts until all of a sudden the phone found the car.
[snapback]64531[/snapback]
[snapback]64828[/snapback]
[/quote]

The iDrive menus make this easy to miss.

From the main menu...

-press the button to access the "i" menu.
-scroll down to the bottom choice "Communications settings"

at this point, you will be in the last area accessed. You may have to press the controller "up" once or twice to access the choices on the top line of the screen. Once there, scroll the controller and you will find a choice called "Bluetooth"

In the Bluetooth section, there are two screens. One will turn BT on and off. The other puts the car into "pairing mode," where you can get your phone/car to recognize each other.

Really nice of BMW to make BT standard on 05 models. Would have been even nicer if they told the folks that write the owners manual or produce the DVD/CD-Rom that comes with the car.

--Joe
Old 12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Ditto what joe said.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Members

I just did that. It say "BMW Service...." its not there. How is it possible that my car was uploaded an old version of software that does not include bluetooth?

What version of software do I have if i dont have bluetooth? and if I upgade will taht create any problems for me?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

I have been told 13.3 activated BT. Should be an easy software upgrade,
Old 12-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Members

I just picked up my 545i 53 hours ago. BT is present and accounted for, at least as far as the iDrive menus are concerned. I don't yet have a BT phone but will in the near future....
Old 12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:57 PM
You got me there.? What is the max legal speed in the UK?
[snapback]64671[/snapback]
70mph. Or so I'm told
Old 12-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Members

this is irritating...

how long at the dealer for the upgrade, does it take all night like the 745 or can it happen is a few minutes.

by the way the dealer told me that tehy are suppsed to be able to update the software right online with your car so you dont have to bring it to the dealer, has anyone head of this?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 6 2004, 01:40 PM
this is irritating...

how long at the dealer for the upgrade, does it take all night like the 745 or can it happen is a few minutes.

by the way the dealer told me that tehy are suppsed to be able to update the software right online with your car so you dont have to bring it to the dealer, has anyone head of this?
[snapback]65585[/snapback]
Yes that is possible but not in the US.

I have the same problem and made appointment to have my software updated. Its not a big deal. I have an early build 2005 model (09/04) and it will need the update. I suggest you do the same.

cheers,

beewang
Old 12-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Members

im going in wed to get the update but im wondering how to schedule my day. do you know how long the software update takes? will they be puttng 13.3 in the car?

what other features are added along with the bluetooth or i should ask what will chnage in the car?

why cant the US do the updates remotely?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM
this is irritating...

[snapback]65585[/snapback]
Well if the SW has the capability of crashing the CCC, I would never risk an over the airwaves update. If it takes them 3 hours with a Fibre optic or Ethernet connection, it will take weeks over the air. One transmission failure and your computer is hosed. I would rather that hapopened while its in the service bay and the dealers responsibility.

Quick Reply: Just picked up new 05 545 no Bluetooth!!!