Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Just got bluetooth installed and it's NOT pairing with my razr

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gang

I need your help once again. I just got back from the dealer and they installed the bluetooth software. I had to pay $275. Anyways, I got a razr phone on the cingular network. I went through the pairing process with a bmw rep going step by step on a SIB. The last part where the phone pairs does not work. The phone detects the car, but for some reason can't pair with the car....this is right after I push "add device" which is why I don't get to the step for adding my passkey.

the rep says I might have to reschedule to come in a possibly get a software update for possibly my TCU? Do you guys know if this is true or if they is something I'm doing wrong. I did everything in the process including turning "on" bluetooth...

thanks
Gene
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='213835' date='Dec 21 2005, 04:47 AM
Hey Gang

I need your help once again. I just got back from the dealer and they installed the bluetooth software. I had to pay $275. Anyways, I got a razr phone on the cingular network. I went through the pairing process with a bmw rep going step by step on a SIB. The last part where the phone pairs does not work. The phone detects the car, but for some reason can't pair with the car....this is right after I push "add device" which is why I don't get to the step for adding my passkey.

the rep says I might have to reschedule to come in a possibly get a software update for possibly my TCU? Do you guys know if this is true or if they is something I'm doing wrong. I did everything in the process including turning "on" bluetooth...

thanks
Gene
Keep trying I have the SE K750i and it takes several attempts even on my PC it takes several attempts to pair the phone using bluetooth as it does with other phones the secret is to keep trying don't give up
Old 12-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

I have a May 2004 build as well and the dealer did a software upgrade for my bluetooth to work, nothing with hardware such as the TCU. They did the original pairing, but I've done it a few time since then. One time I was doing it wrong, when you set your passkey both on the phone and i-drive, on the i-drive you need to scroll up to the back facing arrow to confirm your key. You also need to be in a specific menu (can't recall which one at the moment) on the i-drive where the phone will be discoverable.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Given that your car is a 2004, your dealer should have first checked to insure that TCU is good before they charged you to program bluetooth. If it turns out that your TCU is not the right one, suggest that you get your money back for the programming costs.

Hope it is only a pairing problem and that you can get it working.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='213835' date='Dec 20 2005, 11:47 PM
Hey Gang

thanks
Gene
I have the equivalent of the RAZR (can't remember the Motorolla model number right now) and am with Cingular. It sounds like you are doing everything right, but I am not near my phone now. Tell me that exact phone steps you are using, and I will confirm them using my phone in a short while.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Members

HEY GUYS

I FIGURED IT OUT. I misunderstood a step and thought you had to wait for th ephone to give you a passkey number instead of you just inserting it into idrive first.

IT ALL WORKS NOW!!! thanks.

The only thing annoying is NOW I have to redo my address book to have each individual have their phone numbers as the numbers get long in the idrive menu.

Also-ONE ANNOYING THING is that there is a short delay for the phone to ring in the car. My RAZR rings first and then the car picks up...can this be corrected?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='214054' date='Dec 21 2005, 01:06 PM
HEY GUYS

I FIGURED IT OUT. I misunderstood a step and thought you had to wait for th ephone to give you a passkey number instead of you just inserting it into idrive first.

IT ALL WORKS NOW!!! thanks.

The only thing annoying is NOW I have to redo my address book to have each individual have their phone numbers as the numbers get long in the idrive menu.

Also-ONE ANNOYING THING is that there is a short delay for the phone to ring in the car. My RAZR rings first and then the car picks up...can this be corrected?
I am glad its working. I, for one, would put the nonsychronous ringing far out of mind. Our phones do that in our house too.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Awesome! My razr was supposed to arrive today but hasn't. I was getting worried following your ordeal here. I plan to have my service rep pair mine for me so hopefully all goes well.