Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Interesting Problem with bluetooth on an E60 540i

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 540i M Sports with professional pack (2007 Mode Year and MSport option in US Speak)

Hey all,

Have an interesting problem on a new 540i. My Nokia 6233 pairs perfectly to the factory bluetooth and so does my wife's (6233 as well) but after a day or so the bluetooth then looses the pairing.

The phones disappear from the list of paired phones as displayed in i Drive and the system thinks that there are no paired phones at all. If you try to pair another phone (any bluetooth phone at all) or the same phones i Drive goes into its pairing routine but none of the phones can see the Bluetooth and fail to pair. i Drive still thinks bluetooth is working, just that you have no paired phones. The telephone numbers lists that the phones have transferred to i Drive also disappear.

A few days later however, Bluetooth just comes back on, the phones appear back in the paired phones list in i Drive and the phone address lists also come back. When you do get bluetooth back, it's always when the car is started (except for yesterday which I have talked about in the next paragraph), but you can loose bluetooth anytime, during a phone conversation, during just driving around you can hear the phone ringing but not through the kit and sometimes it will be working and you turn the car off then when you restart its gone again.

Yesterday, I was in the car with the motor running while my wife put some things into the boot. As soon as she shut the boot, bluetooth came alive again after having been dead for about four days. When it's dead we have thumped around in to boot and thumped the module with our fists etc, to see if its a loose connection with no success, so I don't even know if the boot shutting was co-incidental or not.

My dealer says that the module is a fault and has ordered me one from Germany, but it is 6 - 8 weeks away and I depend on my phone for business so it's really a problem tpo have an inoperative bluetooth.

My reason for posting this is that it may also not be the module and I am wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before and knows how to fix it. I'm happy to wait for the module if this is the fault, I'm just concerned that it may not be the case.

Also, please note that when i say bluetooth is dead, I mean i Drive still thinks it's working an I can go to the pairing screen and try to pair a phone and nothing will see it. Also if you go to the i Drive function where you can disable bluetooth, the tick in the box for enable bluetooth is not able to be changed. You can get the i Drive highlight to select that option, but pressing the i Drive to disable bluetooth results in nothing happening and the tick remaining in the activation box.

Anyone one see this behaviour before ???