Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I want to delete phone book

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Face-lifted E46 Toruing, soon to be replaced by E60!

I got my E60 two days ago; the car our CEO had for a few months, before hastily leaving the company...
Anyhow - I have a Sony Ericsson K700i which I have up and running in the car and my phonebook is downloaded properly, BUT: the phonebook of the previous owner is also present in the car, so now my phonebook is mixed up with his phonebook (not in the phone, only in the car).
So my Q is - how do I delete the car phonebook ENTIRELY and then sync with my phone again?
(I have read the phone manual, and I can only find info on how to delete lists of previous calls, etc).

Who knowns, maybe I'll find the number to the mistress of this guy somewhere in the phonebook...
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Members

Anyone? Surely someone else must have picked up a pre-owned E60 and found an existing phonebook in the car?
The funny thing is that there IS a voice command for deleting the entire phone book, but I don't have voice control in my car and it doesn't say anywhere what to do if you don't have voice control...

Well, I could always ask my dealer to erase the entire phonebook when the car is due for an oil service in about a month or so.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Members

Have you tried un-pairing your boss's old phone in the Bluetooth menus and seeing if that clears it?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

To my understanding of the car's mechanisms around the bluetooth options, the situation you describe is almost impossible. I've been reading this forum for quite a while and never heard this question or situation......

I would seriously be interested in knowing how to send an address book to the E60 and having it there without syncing it every time you start the car (would be a wonderfull solution for the inability of syncing address books with the BlackBerry).

Did you pair your phone from scratch (like teaboy suggested)?

Do you also use your boss's former phone or SIM card?

Nice to have a CEO leaving that kind of car for you?

Bye
Old 07-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Members

I have my own SIM which I paired as described in the users manual.
First, I un-paired the old phone however - but that didn't seem to remove the old phonebook, since it's still there....
I think - and I am only speculating - that the sync function only transfer numbers from the phone to the car if there's any NEW numbers in the phone trying to access the car, and keeping the rest stored in the car all the time.
That may explain why I have ended up with a mix of my own numbers and the numbers of the previous owner

What bugs me is that there seems to be no way to delete it all and start over with an empty phone book...
Old 07-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Members

Update and problem solved!

I have a company phone - I got the phone new but the SIM-card I got was used by my predesessor at the office.
The numbers that showed up in the car were already on the SIM but were NOT visible in the phone book of the phone, since default setting of the phone was to show only numbers stored in phone itself and not on the SIM.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Originally Posted by BosseP999' date='Jul 4 2005, 04:07 AM
Update and problem solved!

I have a company phone - I got the phone new but the SIM-card I got was used by my predesessor at the office.
The numbers that showed up in the car were already on the SIM but were NOT visible in the phone book of the phone, since default setting of the phone was to show only numbers stored in phone itself and not on the SIM.?
[snapback]145648[/snapback]
Well spotted!, I had a couple of extra numbers that showed on my car but not on the phone, I checked it out after reading this & it was the same issue, I think they were numbers sent to me as a business card message which saved on the phone but not the sim in my case, anyway, sorted out now, thanks..
Old 07-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

On my Siemens S65, the phone has a Phonebook and an Addressbook. The Phonebook are entries from the SIM card while data stored in the Addressbook are stored in the phone's memory.

Only data from the Phonebook (SIM) is transferred. To delete any previous phonebook, the entries in the SIM must be cleared first.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jul 5 2005, 04:33 PM
On my Siemens S65, the phone has a Phonebook and an Addressbook.? The Phonebook are entries from the SIM card while data stored in the Addressbook are stored in the phone's memory.

Only data from the Phonebook (SIM) is transferred.? To delete any previous phonebook, the entries in the SIM must be cleared first.
[snapback]145959[/snapback]
Thanks, Olivin530i. That fixes my problem.