Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I-Mate JASJAR and E60 Blue Tooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 - 2006 (530i) Automatic --- Options: Professional Navigation, Voice Control, i-Drive, Blue Tooth enabled, Adaptive Lights, Active Steering, High Beam Assist, TV Function, Active Seats (Leather) with Airconditioning / Heating Option, Wooden Trim, Sports Package, Extended Aircon function, Anti Dazzle Rear & Side View Mirrors, BMW Assist, BMW Online Option, Dynamic Drive, Tyres: Option 123 - 245/40 R18 (RFT)

Just wanted to share this with you all.

I have an E60 (530i - 2006) build with Prof Nav, I-Drive and Blue Tooth. I had been trying to use my JASJAR with the car blue tooth and till yesterday I had no luck. Then I updated my Phone with the latest ROM Software and now the phone works perfectly .

After testing all features, following are the results:

1. Phone pairing is without any problems .
2. Phone Book (Phone Memory + SIM) transfers automatically. All numbers with multiple numbers against each name are also transferred with relevant initials (M, W or H) getting displayed against each number. I had about 400+ phone numbers in my phone and all of them got transferred (checked a couple of numbers randomly) with in couple of seconds after pairing was completed .
3. Making calls from the car works perfectly with a very clear connection . Connection does not drop during a conversation.
4. Receiving calls with in the car works perfectly with a very clear connection . Connection does not drop during a conversation.
5. CID displays Name and Number (while making a call and while receiving as well) .
6. Signal Strength symbol does not get displayed on the I-Drive Monitor . Although, when I use a Sony Ericsson T630, the signal strength symbol is always displayed. Probably this symbol is dependant upon the phone being used :thumbsdown: .
7. Could not check SMS function as I do not have this option in my car .

Over all, I am very happy with the performance of my JASJAR with my car phone .

Cheers to all.....................