Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by lcc014' post='286311' date='May 22 2006, 09:54 PM
I just installed the V3 cradle during lunch time in the parking lot - 30 minutes.

I spent most of the times to remove the rear console trim panel and air vents. The second time consuming task was to fish the cradle connector and antenna connector thru the armrest hole. Otherwise, installation was very straight forward.

I started with the task to remove the armrest rest trim panel and air vents. Once the trim panel was off, took some times to figure out the removal of the phone connector inside the arm rest. You have to look at the connector that comes with the cradle then you will know how to remove the one inside the arm rest.

When installing the cradle, please make sure that the cradle wires should go to the side of the cradle. Otherwise, you won't be able to install the cradle with 4 torx screws.

Antenna connector inside the trunk was the easy task but the antenna plug in one end of the connector was very hard to remove - kept on pulling.

I started the car and inserted V3 into the cradle. Phone was charged by the cradle immediately. I had not compared the signal (bars) outside and inside the cradle.

Hope this help.
================================================== ===================
Dear lcc014:

Congratulations on your MOTOROLA RAZR 3V cradle install today in your Bimmer! I wished mine would had powered up like yours, but funny thing after I installed mine like you did today, mine would not power up, and I found out all e60s built before 9-04 has a power cradle power restriction...one would think all the BMW Engineers would have made a connector for the hot for the charge wire.(like in yours), .I guess in all reality I should be thankful, because my Bluetooth ram memory downloads my entire phone book every time I turn it on, plus it starts speaking to me for the commands, and works wonderful with my iDrive, then I installed the V3C cradle and other attachment to the center console, it looked great, but did not work, had no power!

I just don't understand that at all I need is a simple positive hot wire ran to my RAZR cradle and it would work like yours and others, but BMW said no way, and if I tried anything to mortify and run power it that would void my warranty, so out it came out today, and I pulled out two other major parts for my cradle to sit in my console I returned to my BMW dealer for a full refund, and if the guy from Chicago from here don't buy my RAZR cradle for $120.00 including S&H by the morning at a $25.00 discount that I paid the full amount $105.00 for the cradle, plus $40.. UPS shipping and handling two week ago, and my cradle is still new, and still has not been powered up yet, than I am sending it back to BMW Germany for a full refund.

Sincerely, (Sounds like Sour grapes huh! Sorry I just had to vent a little, LOL)

Eddie Presley
Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='286323' date='May 22 2006, 10:26 PM
================================================== ===================
Dear lcc014:

Congratulations on your MOTOROLA RAZR 3V cradle install today in your Bimmer! I wished mine would had powered up like yours, but funny thing after I installed mine like you did today, mine would not power up, and I found out all e60s built before 9-04 has a power cradle power restriction...one would think all the BMW Engineers would have made a connector for the hot for the charge wire.(like in yours), .I guess in all reality I should be thankful, because my Bluetooth ram memory downloads my entire phone book every time I turn it on, plus it starts speaking to me for the commands, and works wonderful with my iDrive, then I installed the V3C cradle and other attachment to the center console, it looked great, but did not work, had no power!
I just don't understand that at all I need is a simple positive hot wire ran to my RAZR cradle and it would work like yours and others, but BMW said no way, and if I tried anything to mortify and run power it that would void my warranty, so out it came out today, and I pulled out two other major parts for my cradle to sit in my console I returned to my BMW dealer for a full refund, and if the guy from Chicago from here don't buy my RAZR cradle for $120.00 including S&H by the morning at a $25.00 discount that I paid the full amount $105.00 for the cradle, plus $40.. UPS shipping and handling two week ago, and my cradle is still new, and still has not been powered up yet, than I am sending it back to BMW Germany for a full refund.

Sincerely, (Sounds like Sour grapes huh! Sorry I just had to vent a little, LOL)

Eddie Presley
Eddie,

I am sorry for hearing this sad story I am lucky because I ordered my car in mid September of 2004. Maybe, when your car warranty expires, you can reinstall the cradle and modify the power line (just like Stream did to his iPod player) to charge the V3 phone.

I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work-imgp0047.jpg

I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work-imgp0048.jpg