Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I was able to talk to a Customer service rep via iDrive

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

What does that mean? my car is a 04 530i 12/03 built. No Nav, No bluetooth

I'm trying to figure out what features I may or may not have or that I may be pre-wired for.

- My car does NOT have voice recognition activated, Yet the system understood "CANCEL" and hung-up when I freaked out that the call was going through, lol. It then understood "RENEW" on my second try and
It connected me to a live operator with which I had a 2 minute conversation "hands free".

I'm assuming that means I already have the bluetooth microphones by the SOS button correct?

Does that necessarely mean I'm bluetooth ready? how in the world was I talking to someone via iDrive system? Could that mean I probably have an updated TCU (haven't checked yet)

Could my car be a simple activation away for Voice recognition for the basic stuff, A/C, Radio etc?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks in advance

Greg
Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock for now

You should check to see if you car has a TCU. Remove the two covers in the trunk on the driver side and see if its there. If you do then you just need to have the software updated to activate the bluetooth option. Here is what it looks like. Its the small one on the side. The mic is located in the console above the rear view mirror. Its the one closer to the driver side. It sounds like you have the mic. Good luck

Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, i went ahead and pulled my tcu as the information was on the hidden side and found this.

I guess I'm out of luck based on the Hardware date. I was hoping that maybe my cars' previous owner had upgraded the tcu for some reason. I'm positive I have the microphone as I was speaking to a cust. rep. The system also understood the words "cancel" and "renew". I don't know why BMW does not includ the basic voice recognition option without navigation. Anyways, it seems like all I would need is an updated TCU and dealer programming correct? Can BMW activate voice recognition for things like Radio, AC etc?

Thanks