Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help remove the car phone

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010 | 01:36 PM
Members

Hello all
Greetings from Portugal.

I recently bought an 2004 E61, with the business radio and nav. It also has the BMW phone (which is bluetoooth). The problem is that on the car menu i can add another phone (a Sony-Ericsson, for example) by bluetooth, but it does not sync neither it passes the calls to the car. And on the i-drive "Communication" option, it's saying "No sim card".
I dont want to use this phone. In fact, i want to to remove it and to use my phone (an iphone) and my wife's phone. How to i do that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-23-2010 | 04:41 AM
New Members

My Ride: 525i Touring
Model Year: 2004

Hi,

I am new so please answer!
I have a new (second hand) 525i Touring E61 Built 08/04, It's lovely! I'm so glad to be back in a BMW again after 10 years exile in a Volvo... But things have changed ALOT!
It came with a phone, I am sure it has BT I have a Passkey sheet, with 2 stickers on! One with a PK number on it one with PK and nothing written by it. The later was stuck over the former so I guess that is the most relevant. Not 100% sure which one relates to my phone though.
Anyway I would like to connect my iPhone 3GS. I have followed the various instructions I have found on the forum.
It connects but the connection doesn't 'hold' my phone keeps 'loosing' the car even thought the car phone says it is connected.
I have now managed to remove the in car phone from the iDrive list because I don't want to have to get another SIM (and hence another number) for it. Though interestingly my iPhone never appeared on the iDrive list of devices?

Does the connection have to go via the in car phone handset? or can it connect direct with the car?

It must be possible as so many of you say you iPhones are fully functional in the car...

I can't find the TCU box it is not obviously in the boot (trunk to the US guys;-)) But I am assuming that the BT is fully functional since I can check and uncheck the BT Activation box on the iDrive.

I know this is just another 'how do I do it' thread but the have tried to fix it myself, I am not a complete luddite but this is vexing me!

Thank guys for any clues to point me in the right direction.