Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 02:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

"Then I will be too embarassed to come back to this board. I will go back to matching wits with JamesS3 at RF."

Since JamesS3 is a half-wit, you can spend time at both sites without any problems !!!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Wow.. i would like to upgrade mine to have BT as well ! sounds cool.. will it be expensive upgrading ?
Old 10-23-2004, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

pharding, WOW, this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, if you can get the 'part number' for this so that we can tell our dealers the exact item to look up for the installation, it would be really great!!! Also, can you fill us in on the cost that they charge too?

Hey, you are the first on this, and lots of dealers are just saying that they are clueless.

Maybe if you could even fill us in on your dealer's name and the service advisor, if neeeded we could contact him if we needed?????

By the way, I've been wanting to get satellite radio too, did you learn anything about that as well???
Old 10-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

I do hope it works. However, I am disappointed because I have a Feb 04 build.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Oct 23 2004, 10:07 AM
I do hope it works.? However, I am disappointed because I have a Feb 04 build.
[snapback]48285[/snapback]
It might be worth having them check with your specific VIN number since there was a lot of confusion during that time frame. Maybe it could be possible depending on your options, and also you exact build date and componentry installed. Don't give up yet!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Bluetooth Update

In light of the strong interest in this retrofit by fellow members of E60 Forums , I am on my way to the dealership on Saturday 10 am to drop off the car and to get more information. The cost is $150 to $200 for the BT retrofit. I will post more information late this afternoon. My only concern is that my 5er has been flawless to date for me after 3,600 miles. I hope that they don't do something that will adversely affect the car.

Actually the only problem that I had so far is when my technically illiterate wife attempted to eject the the Nav DVD when it was attempting to look an address up. She thought it was stuck and pushed eject button repeatedly. The I-drive got confused and locked up. Now the car is queesy when she is around. My wonderful wife locks up our computer at home this way. She is not technically patient. I thinking about entering into a post nuptial agreement with her that she will not abuse my car. Abusing the computer I can live with, although she is getting better, but abusing my e60 is over the line.

Anyway off to the dealership to drop my baby off for the operation and to get BT info. I hope this retrofit works!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 23 2004, 08:19 AM
Bluetooth Update

In light of the strong interest in this retrofit by fellow members of E60 Forums , I am on my way to the dealership on Saturday 10 am to drop off the car and to get more information.? The cost is $150 to $200 for the BT retrofit.? I will post more information late this afternoon.? My only concern is that my 5er has been flawless to date for me after 3,600 miles.? I hope that they don't do something that will adversely affect the car.?

Actually the only problem that I had so far is when my technically illiterate wife attempted to eject the the Nav DVD when it was attempting to look an address up.? She thought it was stuck and pushed eject button repeatedly.? The I-drive got confused and locked up.? Now the car is queesy when she is around.? My wonderful wife locks up our computer at home this way.? She is not technically patient.? I thinking about entering into a post nuptial agreement with her that she will not abuse my car.? Abusing the computer I can live with, although she is getting better, but abusing my e60 is over the line.?

Anyway off to the dealership to drop my baby off for the operation and to get BT info.? I hope this retrofit works!
[snapback]48304[/snapback]
Don't forget to get a compatible phones list
Old 10-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Contributors

The V710 is the only Verizon phone with Bluetooth right now. It won't sync the address book yet. Fortunately Motorola is releasing a firmware upgrade very soon.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Oct 23 2004, 09:56 AM
The V710 is the only Verizon phone with Bluetooth right now.? It won't sync the address book yet.? Fortunately Motorola is releasing a firmware upgrade very soon.
[snapback]48355[/snapback]
Thats OK. Does it pair with the BMW ULF and work with I-drive and steering wheel buttons?
Old 10-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Contributors

can't wait to hear.. i hope this is good news.. i am very very skeptical, however..

PROVE ME WRONG! PLEASE!

Quick Reply: Finally! Bluetooth Upgrade is Scheduled for Monday