Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Droid anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

I got my DROID last week, and I had no problem pairing it to my car. I love the phone. It is fast. I wanted a iPhone for a lone time, but with the Droid, I don't think I'm going to be wanting the iPhone anymore. I'm 100% happy with it. Also got a Droid Eris for my wife. And she loves it.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Members

had my droid since the day it came out.

couple of warnings for those considering it...if you use outlook a lot, this phone will not sync with outlook too well. There are some apps to help, and the google folks have an app for PC that will sync calendar from outlook to gmail, getting it to your droid...oh, yeah, did I mention, you must have a gmail account. If you love gmail, you will love the phone....but if you use IMAP or POP or even exchange for mail, there are some issues. There are better mail apps available, some free, like K-9.

another thing, I have a ton of contacts, almost 1500, each with multiple phone numbers, too many for my e60 to handle. With my blackberries, I would just set it to sync via bluetooth a subset of my contact list, called 'phonelist' I haven't found a way to do this with the droid, so many of my contacts don't make it to the car, seems almost random which ones I lose, but invariably, it is the person I want to call RIGHT NOW.

still, a great phone, but maybe not for everyone.

Lewis
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='1081372' date='Dec 29 2009, 04:03 PM
I have the mytouch rooted which enables me to save apps to memory card instead too internal, also allows me to tether my phone, and the ROM im using is based of the hero with minor tweaks, like faster Hertz, more screens etc. 2 sites i recommend to "unlock" your phones are

The unlockr.com and www.xda-developers.com under sapphire

these updates are based of the 1.5 version u might have to downgrade to upgrade.

Loving my Droid got it on the first day it was sold in November I love it already have some hacks on it ie i can tether my droid, use the swipe functionality, got 8 home screens and the list goes on it pairs with my e60 just great the google nav is awsome. Pinch to zoom if you use the dolphine browser and picsay for pics. changed the built in text app to hansent text app.

What i did not know would or could happen is i love pandora when i am working or driving my truck Ipod used in the bimmer but I have a sony radio with a aux input that I can stream my pandora music through I got a call the sound muted I pressed the answer button and it projected the caller through the car speaker and my voice through the phone mic instant hands free. That is a great feature and it also works that way for the Nav you can stream pandora have the nav going and if a call comes in mutes both and the call goes on hang up the call and wham music and nav right back at you.

I currently have about 75 apps on my droid great ones that were all free and still have a lot of space left on the internal memory by the way i think ver 2.0.1 may allow apps to be stored on the card, and I have a program that backs up all my apps to my sd card just incase I have to replace the phone also can stream tv can't wait till the sling box makes an app for the droid to stream
Old 01-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by buddy' post='1090949' date='Jan 14 2010, 05:39 PM
Loving my Droid got it on the first day it was sold in November I love it already have some hacks on it ie i can tether my droid, use the swipe functionality, got 8 home screens and the list goes on it pairs with my e60 just great the google nav is awsome. Pinch to zoom if you use the dolphine browser and picsay for pics. changed the built in text app to hansent text app.

What i did not know would or could happen is i love pandora when i am working or driving my truck Ipod used in the bimmer but I have a sony radio with a aux input that I can stream my pandora music through I got a call the sound muted I pressed the answer button and it projected the caller through the car speaker and my voice through the phone mic instant hands free. That is a great feature and it also works that way for the Nav you can stream pandora have the nav going and if a call comes in mutes both and the call goes on hang up the call and wham music and nav right back at you.

I currently have about 75 apps on my droid great ones that were all free and still have a lot of space left on the internal memory by the way i think ver 2.0.1 may allow apps to be stored on the card, and I have a program that backs up all my apps to my sd card just incase I have to replace the phone also can stream tv can't wait till the sling box makes an app for the droid to stream
Nice! Can you share where you get all this 411? What forum do you go to?

Also, what app do you use to tether your droid? I have PDA Net and it doesn't seem to work. Please advise! Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='1091000' date='Jan 14 2010, 09:40 PM
Nice! Can you share where you get all this 411? What forum do you go to?

Also, what app do you use to tether your droid? I have PDA Net and it doesn't seem to work. Please advise! Thanks!

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/ This seems to be the best place to go to get all the info you need on the droid or a link will be provided to a place to get info

I use pda net to tether my droid and it works perfectly i just did my co workers droid yesterday and his works perfectly he is loving it because he can only get dial up on his computer until i introduced him to the droid and the tether function he now has his laptop on 3g wireless and his wife has a htc that i hooked up for her laptop so they are loving it anymore info i can help with just hit me up
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Senior Members

this one is not bad either but seems to lag a little behind the other forum IMHO https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/76685
Old 01-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by buddy' post='1091049
this one is not bad either but seems to lag a little behind the other forum IMHO https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/76685
Thanks for the link Buddy!

I have a mac laptop so that might be the cause why the tethering doesn't work. Do you connect it via usb or bluetooth?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='1091342' date='Jan 15 2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the link Buddy!

I have a mac laptop so that might be the cause why the tethering doesn't work. Do you connect it via usb or bluetooth?

Mac's work also I brought my daughter a 15.4 Mac pro and set up her droid on it to tether it works perfectly you just have to make sure you download the latest script. It took me a little longer 20 min or so just make sure you have the latest on the phone and computer it does work and work great