Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT & V3 RAZR ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Hi Guys / Ladies..,

I have switched my MPX220 to the Black Razr V3.. but I encountered some issues with it..

I have a 02/05 build 545i and upgraded to software ver. 16.2

My V3 is working and the contact list is transferred BUT:

1. From time to time I cannot disconnect the call after it was ended and the timer keeps counting & counting making it impossible to dial again.

2. sometimes when i'm getting an incoming call it just being picked up by itself.

3. I CANNOT switch (don't even have the option) between calls whenever there is a call waiting.

4. Battery life under BT operation sucks ! (nothing you can do about it though..)

Any help for one (or all) of the issues above will be helpful & appreciated, other than that, I will just have to replace the phone again and I do love my V3.

Thanks !!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

I can confirm - same issues with V3 even going from V600
Old 08-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributors

I sometimes experience #1 but I just persist and repeatedly try to end the call by pressing the "phone" button or selecting "End Call" in iDrive. After several tries it works. This has happened only 4 or 5 times and it seems to help avoid it if you let the other end terminate the call (but that may be anecdotal). Regardless of which side terminates the call however the car and the phone have to talk to each other and that is the crux of the problem. BT communication is slow and sometimes flakely. I'm no expert but I wonder how good the handshaking is between devices. With my previous phone, a Sony Ericsson T68i, I would sometimes be impatient and hang up right after answering because I would hit "Accept" twice not giving the car and phone enough time. So I'm not surprised that th V3 displays this quirk, at least in my experience.

As for the battery lifetime how much time do you spend in the car and how frequently do you recharge the battery? My wife (V3 and 330Ci) was having a bad time with battery lifetime so we tried another battery. It works fine and lasts much longer. Note that the original battery was new with the phone this last June so I wonder if there are some bum batteries being shipped with the phones.

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Aug 7 2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys / Ladies..,

I have switched my MPX220 to the Black Razr V3.. but I encountered some issues with it..

1. From time to time I cannot disconnect the call after it was ended and the timer keeps counting & counting making it impossible to dial again.

2. sometimes when i'm getting an incoming call it just being picked up by itself.

3. I CANNOT switch (don't even have the option) between calls whenever there is a call waiting.

4. Battery life under BT operation sucks ! (nothing you can do about it though..)

Any help for one (or all) of the issues above will be helpful & appreciated, other than that, I will just have to replace the phone again and I do love my V3.

Thanks !!
[snapback]156885[/snapback]
Old 08-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Aug 7 2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys / Ladies..,

Thanks !!
[snapback]156885[/snapback]

I haven't experienced #1 or #2.
#3 is a known issue with all phones in the E60.
#4-- I get about 2-3 days on a single charge. Mind you, I don't make many calls. That battery life is acceptable to me in such a thin phone.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Thanks for your comments !! .. keep posting, maybe someone have a solution for some of the problems..

BTW - DID ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY PAIRED A PHONE WITH HIS E60 THAT WORKS 100% NO ISSUES AND CAN BE SWITCHED BETWEEN CALLS ON A CALL WAITING ??

Thanks !!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Contributors

There is a BMW Service Information Bulletin on issue #1. It's a known problem.

SI B 84 13 05

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Aug 9 2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for your comments !! .. keep posting, maybe someone have a solution for some of the problems..

BTW - DID ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY PAIRED A PHONE WITH HIS E60 THAT WORKS 100% NO ISSUES AND CAN BE SWITCHED BETWEEN CALLS ON A CALL WAITING ??

Thanks !!
[snapback]157696[/snapback]
Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Is the service info that you quote, B84 13 05, available on the internet? A helpful service advisor gave me a copy of ...04, which I used to successfully link my V3 to my car, no problems at all.

But I'm having the same "hang-up" issues---not serious, since you can end the call with the iDrive, but the whole idea of handsfree phone use is to keep your hands on the wheel, so I'd like to be able to use the phone switch on the steering wheel and not the iDrive knob.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

Someone told me that the idrive version 17.x has problems with the hang-up of calls in buetooth. They are supposed to have fixed it in v18.

Also, the battery issue is really bad since the phone is transmitting both to the cell tower and also to the car's bt antenna at the same with with a tiny battery. I leave a 12v adapter cord plugged in all the time in the outlet in the front passenger footwell and tuck in the connector in the mesh net near there when not in use. Then I nearly always plug in the phone when I make any normal length calls in the car. That way it gets power to run it while driving.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Look here

----

I looked it up on bmwtis.com. Haven't figured out how to download good copies yet.

Originally Posted by CTYankee' date='Aug 24 2005, 11:16 AM
Is the service info that you quote, B84 13 05, available on the internet?? A helpful service advisor gave me a copy of ...04, which I used to successfully link my V3 to my car, no problems at all.?

But I'm having the same "hang-up" issues---not serious, since you can end the call with the iDrive, but the whole idea of handsfree phone use is to keep your hands on the wheel, so I'd like to be able to use the phone switch on the steering wheel and not the iDrive knob.
[snapback]162936[/snapback]