Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT and SonyEriccson phone, dial call card

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BT works very nice, I am enjoying this a lot. I have my contact list downloaded and the reception is great. I have some questions regarding some features:

I have my calling card set up on my phone to call outside the US, , I can not program a calling card on the car, so I try to initiate the call from the phone's keypad, but the phone turns extremely slow while connected to the car, is this normal?

To call my voice mail, I simply dial my number and when connected, I enter my mail box code trough the phone's keypad and, even tough the phone is very slow, it works, but I can not get it to work for the calling card.

Why is the phone so slow while connected? How do you use calling card while in the car?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 03/04 530, Nav

Originally Posted by Casper' date='Jan 18 2005, 08:31 PM
My BT works very nice, I am enjoying this a lot. I have my contact list downloaded and the reception is great. I have some questions regarding some features:

I have my calling card set up on my phone to call outside the US, , I can not program a calling card on the car, so I try to initiate the call from the phone's keypad, but the phone turns extremely slow while connected to the car, is this normal?

To call my voice mail, I simply dial my number and when connected, I enter my mail box code trough the phone's keypad and, even tough the phone is very slow, it works, but I can not get it to work for the calling card.

Why is the phone so slow while connected? How do you use calling card while in the car?
[snapback]80623[/snapback]
My T637 is very slow too. I still use it to enter numbers when connected like you do though, it still beats punching them in with the iDrive.
Pavel
Old 01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Casper' date='Jan 18 2005, 09:31 PM

[snapback]80623[/snapback]

I was curious which Sony Ericsson phone you have. I want to get the 910, but I still have not heard of anyone who has been able to make it work with the BMW Bluetooth.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Members

I have a Sony Ericsson T616 using Cingular. I too have noticed that when the phone is connected to the car it is VERY slow. This is not the case when it is connected to my BT ear piece, so it must be related to the profile used to intergate the phone including the phone book with the car.

I have voice mail setup in the phone with pauses and access codes that I use to listen to and reply to my messages. This setup confuses the car anthe call is not conencted if I dial through the iDrive. On the other hand it works fine if I dial from the phone - iDrive shows the number dialed as unknown and I then use the phone keys to listen to and delete messages. The use of the speed dial setup is what gets me past the slow response - I just hit the 5 key and dial.

I presume I could do the same for a credit card call or for an overseas call.

In general though, I am pleased with the integration achieved through BT.