Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT not responding - can anyone help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an early 2004 530i. I've 2 problems and am wondering if anyone can give some advice.

My car is BT equipped and has the CP9000 phone but I can't get the car to connect to the phone:
1. I activate BT through i-drive
2. I turn on the CP9000 and scan looking for BT devices. The phone doesn't pick up the car.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

I also want to get rid of the double chip - which is a real nuisance to use as I have to activate my mobile everytime I step out of the car. If I buy a motorola which works with BMW, could I do away with the 2nd chip or does the car need that anyway to activate it's phone?

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Bluetooth, Bi-xenon headlamps, adaptive headlamps, auto dimming interior mirror, heated folding door mirrors, electric front seats with drivers memory, heated front seats, extended light package, sun protection glass, electrically adjustable steering column, automatic air conditioning.

You need to be in the bluetooth settings screen on the idrive to allow the handsfree to be "visible"
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

CPT9000 and Bluetooth are mutually exclusive. CPT9000 is not Bluetooth. Go to our information page and look for the PDF manual on Telephone Users Manual. After reading that and you still have questions then get back with us. I assume this car is NEW to you and that it has not suddenly changed how it works. It is possible to SWITCH to Bluetooth and not use the CPT9000 and that is/was done by dealer. Not remembering that far back, but you may also want or need to go to the BTUM to get Bluetooth. You can search for BTUM in this forum (BLUETOOTH and CELL PHONE) to find out more on this new upgrade possibility.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='282726' date='May 15 2006, 10:27 PM
CPT9000 and Bluetooth are mutually exclusive. CPT9000 is not Bluetooth. Go to our information page and look for the PDF manual on Telephone Users Manual. After reading that and you still have questions then get back with us. I assume this car is NEW to you and that it has not suddenly changed how it works. It is possible to SWITCH to Bluetooth and not use the CPT9000 and that is/was done by dealer. Not remembering that far back, but you may also want or need to go to the BTUM to get Bluetooth. You can search for BTUM in this forum (BLUETOOTH and CELL PHONE) to find out more on this new upgrade possibility.
Thanks. Apparently I had an early version of the CPT manual which didn't even show how pairing was done.
You're right-I've had this car for 4 months but could never get the pairing to work, replying only in the i-drive. I'm now able to pair CPT9000 and car.

If I understand you correctly, my car will only work with the CPT9000 and a double sim card and until I get an upgrade (not sure if that's the CTU?) I would not be able to connect through a single sim card inside say a RAZR?

If anyone has a CPT9000 - how can I tranfer my phone book from my normal phone to the CPT? If I moved phone book to 2nd sim card, will CPT9000 see contents of the sim?

Thanks again!