Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Scott

Originally Posted by Scott' date='Feb 16 2005, 01:05 PM
[quote name='SnakeOil' date='Jan 18 2005, 10:17 AM']Just look at these posts!? Contemplate for a moment the obvious importance bluetooth has to individuals.

That BMW allows this problem with their vehicle to persist is OUTRAGEOUS.

It is no wonder many are turning to other manufacturers, particularly the Japanese, who understand how to provide quality customer service and functioning electronics.

BMW should be front and center with an economically feasible fix to this whole Bluetooth nonsense. It is downright LUDICROUS that individuals who placed an order at the same time would recieve cars with differing function. For one of these customers to be required to pay thousands of dollars and untold numbers of shop days getting what should be operational in EVERY 2004 E60 is RIDICULOUS.

Get your act together BMW ...
[snapback]80338[/snapback]
[snapback]90875[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have a MY2004 545i w/ build date of 9/03. When I took delivery on Oct 8th, 2003 I was told my car was BT enabled. Months later my dealer finally told me that a BT module would be necessary and that it was not available yet. Why in the hell was I given a BT Passkey with my car??!!!! One reason I bought this car was because of this feature (Of course it was mainly for the incredible driving experience) So, today (2/16/05) I called to make a service appointment and inquired as to the availability of the BT module. Ten minutes later when he finally returned to the phone he told me that yes it was available, but since I had such an early build date that I would need an upgraded TCU and that I would have to pay for it. The price for the new TCU was $1100.00 This was the first BMW that I have ever purchased and may be my last. I love my car, but the handling of this BT issue has me irate. Anyone have any idea how I can get my dealer(United BMW) or BMW NA to install my new TCU free of charge? Thanks, Scott Alpharetta, Ga
Old 02-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember now that member ademitt **DID** end up having to replace his TCU to get his Bluetooth working.....

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=82946
Old 02-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If car w/o Nav, ask for Nav upgrade and BT at the same time, and it might costs only $2K.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Scott' date='Feb 16 2005, 07:20 PM
I have a MY2004 545i w/ build date of 9/03. When I took delivery on Oct 8th, 2003 I was told my car was BT enabled. Months later my dealer finally told me that a BT module would be necessary and that it was not available yet. Why in the hell was I given a BT Passkey with my car??!!!! One reason I bought this car was because of this feature (Of course it was mainly for the incredible driving experience) So, today (2/16/05) I called to make a service appointment and inquired as to the availability of the BT module. Ten minutes later when he finally returned to the phone he told me that yes it was available, but since I had such an early build date that I would need an upgraded TCU and that I would have to pay for it. The price for the new TCU was $1100.00? This was the first BMW that I have ever purchased and may be my last. I love my car, but the handling of this BT issue has me irate. Anyone have any idea how I can get my dealer(United BMW) or BMW NA to install my new TCU free of charge?? Thanks,? Scott? ? Alpharetta, Ga
[snapback]90879[/snapback]
Scott, BMW has not promised or advertised BT. Maybe your dealer told you so, but that'S the dealers fault.
The BT passkey was in every car, because of BMW Assist.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:03 PM
If car w/o Nav, ask for Nav upgrade and BT at the same time, and it might costs only $2K.
[snapback]90900[/snapback]
My car did not come with NAV prep, can it still be retrofitted with the Nav?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:08 PM
[quote name='Scott' date='Feb 16 2005, 07:20 PM']I have a MY2004 545i w/ build date of 9/03. When I took delivery on Oct 8th, 2003 I was told my car was BT enabled. Months later my dealer finally told me that a BT module would be necessary and that it was not available yet. Why in the hell was I given a BT Passkey with my car??!!!! One reason I bought this car was because of this feature (Of course it was mainly for the incredible driving experience) So, today (2/16/05) I called to make a service appointment and inquired as to the availability of the BT module. Ten minutes later when he finally returned to the phone he told me that yes it was available, but since I had such an early build date that I would need an upgraded TCU and that I would have to pay for it. The price for the new TCU was $1100.00? This was the first BMW that I have ever purchased and may be my last. I love my car, but the handling of this BT issue has me irate. Anyone have any idea how I can get my dealer(United BMW) or BMW NA to install my new TCU free of charge?? Thanks,?? Scott? ? Alpharetta, Ga
Scott, BMW has not promised or advertised BT. Maybe your dealer told you so, but that'S the dealers fault.
[snapback]90904[/snapback]
[/quote]
So what does BT have to do with BMW assist? When I told my service center I had a BT passkey they seemed surprised.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by acribb' date='Feb 16 2005, 12:44 PM
I remember now that member ademitt **DID** end up having to replace his TCU to get his Bluetooth working.....
You are correct. I did require anew TCU. My build completion date was March 1/04.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Members

So what does BT have to do with BMW assist? When I told my service center I had a BT passkey they seemed surprised.
[snapback]91264[/snapback]
[/quote]

BT and BMW assist are both integrated into the TCU. The older version of the TCU was hopefully going to be bluetooth capable but it turned out that it did not work properly.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:08 PM
[quote name='Scott' date='Feb 16 2005, 07:20 PM']I have a MY2004 545i w/ build date of 9/03. When I took delivery on Oct 8th, 2003 I was told my car was BT enabled. Months later my dealer finally told me that a BT module would be necessary and that it was not available yet. Why in the hell was I given a BT Passkey with my car??!!!! One reason I bought this car was because of this feature (Of course it was mainly for the incredible driving experience) So, today (2/16/05) I called to make a service appointment and inquired as to the availability of the BT module. Ten minutes later when he finally returned to the phone he told me that yes it was available, but since I had such an early build date that I would need an upgraded TCU and that I would have to pay for it. The price for the new TCU was $1100.00? This was the first BMW that I have ever purchased and may be my last. I love my car, but the handling of this BT issue has me irate. Anyone have any idea how I can get my dealer(United BMW) or BMW NA to install my new TCU free of charge?? Thanks,?? Scott? ? Alpharetta, Ga
[snapback]90904[/snapback]
[/quote]
The fact that the pass key has information on pairing blue tooth compatible devices with my car is pretty powerful evidence that BMW intended for my car to have this compatibility. Leaving the dealership and the consumer in the dark for a year and a half and then telling us that oh, your car does not have that functionality is BS. Do you work for BMW or something??!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bluetooth Fairy' date='Feb 17 2005, 04:16 PM
[snapback]91264[/snapback]

BT and BMW assist are both integrated into the TCU. The older version of the TCU was hopefully going to be bluetooth capable but it turned out that it did not work properly.
[snapback]91457[/snapback]
[/quote]
Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks, Scott

Quick Reply: BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates