Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth yet again

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my new (05) 530i today, and after 10 years of driving benz E classes, I have to say, this may be the nicest car I have ever driven! I mean, it is a special feeling....now, the only problem I am having is bluetooth... I think my sales consultant was a little afraid of the bluetooth control as he kept telling me that I would need to contact Cingular to get it running as my phone was likely not compatible.

I have Nokia 6230 and I have seen posts that discuss this phone and that it does work pretty well.

I think my problem may simply begin with the fact that when I go to 'communications', 'bluetooth' is not coming up...I can drill down through other menus and find it, and it says its active (chec box), but when I try to get it to pairing mode, I get nowhere. I am using the instructions found here on the forum, from BMW.

Any ideas for this newbie?

Thanks!
TCMalibu
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by tcmalibu' date='May 13 2005, 09:25 PM
Picked up my new (05) 530i today, and after 10 years of driving benz E classes, I have to say, this may be the nicest car I have ever driven! I mean, it is a special feeling....now, the only problem I am having is bluetooth... I think my sales consultant was a little afraid of the bluetooth control as he kept telling me that I would need to contact Cingular to get it running as my phone was likely not compatible.

I have Nokia 6230 and I have seen posts that discuss this phone and that it does work pretty well.

I think my problem may simply begin with the fact that when I go to 'communications', 'bluetooth' is not coming up...I can drill down through other menus and find it, and it says its active (chec box), but when I try to get it to pairing mode, I get nowhere. I am using the instructions found here on the forum, from BMW.

Thanks!
TCMalibu
[snapback]128255[/snapback]
You are looking in the wrong place. Press down the I-drive button. then scroll
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Bluetooth_E60_book.pdf (4.67 MB, 161 views)
Old 05-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 13 2005, 10:59 PM
[quote name='tcmalibu' date='May 13 2005, 09:25 PM']Picked up my new (05) 530i today, and after 10 years of driving benz E classes, I have to say, this may be the nicest car I have ever driven! I mean, it is a special feeling....now, the only problem I am having is bluetooth... I think my sales consultant was a little afraid of the bluetooth control as he kept telling me that I would need to contact Cingular to get it running as my phone was likely not compatible.

Thanks!
TCMalibu
[snapback]128283[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am following these directions-it says when you go to 'communications', 'bluetooth' should be there at the top, and it is not???
What am I missing?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by tcmalibu' date='May 14 2005, 06:25 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='May 13 2005, 10:59 PM'][quote name='tcmalibu' date='May 13 2005, 09:25 PM']Picked up my new (05) 530i today, and after 10 years of driving benz E classes, I have to say, this may be the nicest car I have ever driven! I mean, it is a special feeling....now, the only problem I am having is bluetooth... I think my sales consultant was a little afraid of the bluetooth control as he kept telling me that I would need to contact Cingular to get it running as my phone was likely not compatible.

Thanks!
TCMalibu
[/quote]

I am following these directions-it says when you go to 'communications', 'bluetooth' should be there at the top, and it is not???
What am I missing?
[snapback]128391[/snapback]
[/quote]

When you push down the I-Drive puck you get this menu
Bluetooth yet again-2004manual_5series_page_020_image_0004.jpg

You configure BT here. Then go to the blue Com menu for using the phone. If you cannot find the Bluetooth then maybe you car needs to be coded.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 14 2005, 09:20 AM
[quote name='tcmalibu' date='May 14 2005, 06:25 AM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='May 13 2005, 10:59 PM'][quote name='tcmalibu' date='May 13 2005, 09:25 PM']Picked up my new (05) 530i today, and after 10 years of driving benz E classes, I have to say, this may be the nicest car I have ever driven! I mean, it is a special feeling....now, the only problem I am having is bluetooth... I think my sales consultant was a little afraid of the bluetooth control as he kept telling me that I would need to contact Cingular to get it running as my phone was likely not compatible.

Thanks!
TCMalibu
[/quote]

What am I missing?
[snapback]128391[/snapback]
[/quote]

When you push down the I-Drive puck you get this menu
Attachment 7556

You configure BT here. Then go to the blue Com menu for using the phone. If you cannot find the Bluetooth then maybe you car needs to be coded.
[snapback]128462[/snapback]
[/quote]
Got it....OK, the system now recognizes my phone....however my phone connects and then immeditely disconnects???
Sorry to be such a pain in the @$%....I am feeling really stupid trying to get this thing up and running....
Old 05-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Members

I too spent a while working out how to add my 6320.

I haven't had a connect/disconnect problem though. Check yr mobile phone, to make sure that the BMW paired device is set to "Auto Connection without confirmation"

It is under SETTINGS then CONECTIVITY then BLUETOOTH then PAIRED DEVICES and then highlight the BMW pairing and hit OPTIONS and then scroll down to AUTO-CONN WITHOUT CONFIRMATION.

You have probably tried all this though! Good luck.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlanM' date='May 15 2005, 12:37 AM
I too spent a while working out how to add my 6320.

I haven't had a connect/disconnect problem though.? Check yr mobile phone, to make sure that the BMW paired device is set to "Auto Connection without confirmation"

It is under SETTINGS then CONECTIVITY then BLUETOOTH then PAIRED DEVICES and then highlight the BMW pairing and hit OPTIONS and then scroll down to AUTO-CONN WITHOUT CONFIRMATION.

You have probably tried all this though!? Good luck.
[snapback]128702[/snapback]
I wanted to thank those of you that responded regarding the Nokia 6230 and my 530i...Based on suggstions, I realize that I need a firmware update. Interestingly enough, Nokia tells me they WILL NOT upgrade the phone because my carrier, CINGULAR, has not approved the upgrade - very frustrating!!
I am going to check with Nokia again tomorrow, but if I run into the same problem, I will need to switch phones, probably to a V551...I understand it works well, but it has a lowly VGA camera...Thanks Again!