Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth works on pre-03/04 build car

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Guest_wildberry_*

I had the same situation with a March 04 build. I had to have the TCU replaced, but luckily the Dealer did that under warranty. I paid $85 for the BT Software upgrade to enable Bluetooth.

I have a question on the Siemens S66 phone. Is it compatible? I bought a Motorola V551 and it works great, but battery life is less than a day and I am thinking of swapping out the phone for something else. Would love to get the new Blackberry 7000 from Cingular, but I understand that is not compatible
Old 04-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the same problem that I am having - I can hear the person I called but they can not hear me. I have a Razor V3 from Motorola and otherwise it works great. My car is a Feb 04 build and the last time I was in the dealership they upgraded the software so that Bluetooth was included.

Do you really think that a new TCU is the necessary step or is there anything that I can do before taking it into the dealer?

Everything else works execpt the hearing me and incoming calls - they get my voice mail. The line was ported from my previous service.

The word "portable" and a triangle show up at the bottom line in the main screen, any idea on these items?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WCB545i' date='Apr 4 2005, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the same problem that I am having - I can hear the person I called but they can not hear me.? I have a Razor V3 from Motorola and otherwise it works great.? My car is a Feb 04 build and the last time I was in the dealership they upgraded the software so that Bluetooth was included.

Do you really think that a new TCU is the necessary step or is there anything that I can do before taking it into the dealer??

Everything else works execpt the hearing me and incoming calls - they get my voice mail.? The line was ported from my previous service.

The word "portable" and a triangle show up at the bottom line in the main screen, any idea on these items?

Thanks
[snapback]111195[/snapback]
You will need a new TCU. 02/04 missed the cutoff date for compatible TCU's so you will be unable to get a proper two way connection working without the updated hardware. The software upgrade is only part of the fix for the earlier build cars.