Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Voice Dialing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have been using Bluetooth with my Moto RAZR phone since I got my car in early November.

The voice activation worked like a dream. I was impressed beyond belief with the accuracy of the voice recognition. (I have had experience with Voice Act. in the past, and the results were not as good as BMW)

Anyway.... I left town for New Years weekend and had to leave my car parked at the airport. When I returned, my voice dialing no longer works accurately. I say a name, and the system picks the wrong person. Names that I used to use before no longer work. It is annoying.

Why would this happen all of a sudden like this? Everything worked great, now it is totaly useless.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jan 4 2005, 12:59 PM
I have been using Bluetooth with my Moto RAZR phone since I got my car in early November.

The voice activation worked like a dream.? I was impressed beyond belief with the accuracy of the voice recognition.? (I have had experience with Voice Act. in the past, and the results were not as good as BMW)

Anyway....? I left town for New Years weekend and had to leave my car parked at the airport.? When I returned, my voice dialing no longer works accurately.? I say a name, and the system picks the wrong person.? Names that I used to use before no longer work.? It is annoying.

Why would this happen all of a sudden like this?? Everything worked great, now it is totaly useless.

[snapback]75545[/snapback]
Maybe you are slurring your words after all the stuff you consumed over New Years.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jan 4 2005, 03:59 PM

The voice activation worked like a dream.? I was impressed beyond belief with the accuracy of the voice recognition.? (I have had experience with Voice Act. in the past, and the results were not as good as BMW)

Anyway....? I left town for New Years weekend and had to leave my car parked at the airport.? When I returned, my voice dialing no longer works accurately.? I say a name, and the system picks the wrong person.? Names that I used to use before no longer work.? It is annoying.

Why would this happen all of a sudden like this?? Everything worked great, now it is totaly useless.

[snapback]75545[/snapback]

I have had the same exprience. What was good before will not work now. And yes my voice recognition has become quite useless. I routinely leave my car parked in my garage for 1 week between drives.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kryptokat' date='Jan 4 2005, 03:39 PM
I routinely leave my car parked in my garage for 1 week between drives.
[snapback]75561[/snapback]
Are you punishing it?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by price9195' date='Jan 4 2005, 02:53 PM
Are you punishing it?
[snapback]75568[/snapback]

Bad car!!! BAD CAR!!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I used it today, and it worked fine.

I have a feeling that it's just another quirk in the iDrive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't....
Old 01-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

I've had these things happen too. I think that sometimes the software loads poorly on start-up and can't process certain things, like BT voice, and other times something else. I've had problems with the CD drive recognizing discs in the drive until restarting the car another time.