Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Retrofit Preliminary Obvservations

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 4 2004, 06:06 PM
Further Testing and call to Phardings dealership.

Tested the retofit again today with a V600.? The sound was great, especially when volume was turned down.? The address book did not synch.? So I called Brink at Moterwerks.? They had BMWNA do some special probraming on phardings car to make everything work.? I do not know the details because I haven't actually spoken yet with Bob Paduch.? ? Paul,? can you pull some weight and find out exactly what special programming was done?

Also,? whereas Assist worked the day I got back the car,? it is malfunctioning now after I paired the last V600.? (it started working again when the car was restarted)

TMobile has no coverage around my home so the V600 route is no go for me.? I have to wait and hope that the V710 will perform as promised.
[snapback]52737[/snapback]

when you say the sound is great with the volume turned down... that's great, except we can't hear the speaker on the other end... so.. how bad is the sound with the volume a little louder?
Old 11-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 4 2004, 05:57 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 4 2004, 06:06 PM']Further Testing and call to Phardings dealership.

Tested the retofit again today with a V600.?? The sound was great, especially when volume was turned down.?? The address book did not synch.?? So I called Brink at Moterwerks.?? They had BMWNA do some special probraming on phardings car to make everything work.?? I do not know the details because I haven't actually spoken yet with Bob Paduch.? ? Paul,? can you pull some weight and find out exactly what special programming was done?

Also,? whereas Assist worked the day I got back the car,? it is malfunctioning now after I paired the last V600.? (it started working again when the car was restarted)

TMobile has no coverage around my home so the V600 route is no go for me.?? I have to wait and hope that the V710 will perform as promised.

when you say the sound is great with the volume turned down... that's great, except we can't hear the speaker on the other end... so.. how bad is the sound with the volume a little louder?
[snapback]52765[/snapback]
[/quote]

Knew you'd have something to say Wassey! I'd rather know WTF the guys did on Phardings car to get the address book to sync.

No, not turned down that much. Listening to music, as loud as you would if you are alone in the car. i.e. you couldn't have a conversation with your passenger.

Incoming call! Radio mutes, caller ID displayed on I-drive, with option to accept of reject the call. You can accept it either using the I-drive wheel or the steering wheel button.

The other party is Loud and clear. They say you sound fine. Then I turn down the volume. They are still as clear, its just not as loud. They then note a marked improvment in voice quality. Certainly something I could live with, i.e. turning down the volume a tad. I do want the address book to sync. Atleast I know its possible.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 4 2004, 08:17 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Nov 4 2004, 05:57 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 4 2004, 06:06 PM']Further Testing and call to Phardings dealership.

Tested the retofit again today with a V600.?? The sound was great, especially when volume was turned down.?? The address book did not synch.?? So I called Brink at Moterwerks.?? They had BMWNA do some special probraming on phardings car to make everything work.?? I do not know the details because I haven't actually spoken yet with Bob Paduch.? ? Paul,? can you pull some weight and find out exactly what special programming was done?

TMobile has no coverage around my home so the V600 route is no go for me.?? I have to wait and hope that the V710 will perform as promised.

[snapback]52765[/snapback]
[/quote]

Knew you'd have something to say Wassey! I'd rather know WTF the guys did on Phardings car to get the address book to sync.

No, not turned down that much. Listening to music, as loud as you would if you are alone in the car. i.e. you couldn't have a conversation with your passenger.

Incoming call! Radio mutes, caller ID displayed on I-drive, with option to accept of reject the call. You can accept it either using the I-drive wheel or the steering wheel button.

The other party is Loud and clear. They say you sound fine. Then I turn down the volume. They are still as clear, its just not as loud. They then note a marked improvment in voice quality. Certainly something I could live with, i.e. turning down the volume a tad. I do want the address book to sync. Atleast I know its possible.
[snapback]52769[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK, on the V600 - go to the setup menu, select connections, then Bluetooth.. you will se BMWxxxxx, select edit, and make sure the setting is on AUtomatic!

Additionally, still in Bluetooth Cnnection, make sure Power is : ON

then.. keep the phone on.. enter the car, start her up.. and the phonebook WILL transfer! I am wondering - though... if you use Verizon, the V600 is not compatible with Verizon, so your SIM car wouldn't work.. how are you getting your phonebook into the v600? maybe it is empty?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 4 2004, 07:03 PM
OK, on the V600 - go to the setup menu, select connections, then Bluetooth.. you will se BMWxxxxx, select edit, and make sure the setting is on AUtomatic!

then.. keep the phone on.. enter the car, start her up.. and the phonebook WILL transfer!? I am wondering - though... if you use Verizon, the V600 is not compatible with Verizon, so your SIM car wouldn't work.. how are you getting your phonebook into the v600? maybe it is empty?
[snapback]52773[/snapback]
Thanks Wassy, but your instructions are to get the phone to pair. All that works fine and as you can see I have had a few conversations using other peoples V600 GSM T-Mobile phones. (same as phardings). I wanted their phonebooks to transfer.

The only thing I can think off is that maybe the phone needs some time. (Both times they were paired for no longer than 10 minutes). Other than it's most likely that BMW gave the technicians some special instructions when coding pharding's computer that were not in Service bulletins. I just don't know.

Unless what you saying is that once the phone and car are paired, it has to be the next time that they sync for the address book to transfer. That I haven't tested.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 4 2004, 10:02 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Nov 4 2004, 07:03 PM']

then.. keep the phone on.. enter the car, start her up.. and the phonebook WILL transfer!? I am wondering - though... if you use Verizon, the V600 is not compatible with Verizon, so your SIM car wouldn't work.. how are you getting your phonebook into the v600? maybe it is empty?
[snapback]52773[/snapback]
Thanks Wassy, but your instructions are to get the phone to pair. All that works fine and as you can see I have had a few conversations using other peoples V600 GSM T-Mobile phones. (same as phardings). I wanted their phonebooks to transfer.

The only thing I can think off is that maybe the phone needs some time. (Both times they were paired for no longer than 10 minutes). Other than it's most likely that BMW gave the technicians some special instructions when coding pharding's computer that were not in Service bulletins. I just don't know.

Unless what you saying is that once the phone and car are paired, it has to be the next time that they sync for the address book to transfer. That I haven't tested.
[snapback]52778[/snapback]
[/quote]

that shouldn't be.. but let's not confuse terms.. Pairing really is a ONE TIME event.. you do not pair each time you enter vehicle. You find each other when you enter vehicle automatically. i would pair phone.. shut car down... come back, sit down like normal, and start car.. should automatically find each other, and phonebook should transfer in , say, about 20-30 seconds... Paul should be able to comment on this. there really is no setting the dealer can do to allow for autosyncing.. it is a function of the phone software.

It is possible that the short nap of the floor mats are causing a outer body experience that is deterring the sync to occur.. maybe try rubber mats.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Contributors

YES! I am kidding!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade
Thumbs up

Greetings from Pittsburgh,

I would like to get a bluetooth phone installed in my 04 530i. The dealer advises that at the moment it can not be done because of issues with BMW Assist. Can anyone tell me if they are aware of this? I really rather not get the CPT9000 if I can do bluetooth. Thanks, Arno
Old 11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Contributors

The problem with pairing may have to do with the mobile phone: some phones can support pairing and voice communication, fewer support transfer of the phone book. I'll read up on this as it will affect me (SonyEricsson P900) as I consider which phone to use with my car's Bluetooth.

Q: Which phone are you using and which Bluetooth profiles does it support?

Robert
Old 11-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 4 2004, 08:50 PM
YES!? I am kidding!
[snapback]52785[/snapback]
I knew that
Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, arno !

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Retrofit Preliminary Obvservations