Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Retrofit Preliminary Obvservations

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

RETROFIT
I just got my car back! The BT installation was a complete success as far as I am concerned. I sat in the car with the service technician while he tested and verified assist, which worked perfectly providing location and VIN info to the Assist call center.

MOTO V600
Then we paired his V600 (T-Mobile). We had to enter a 16 digit key and pair the phone. Once done we were able to speak numbers and initiate a call.

I stood outside the stationery car and spoke to him from my cell phone. There was no echo, no underwater sound. It was clear (with ambient sound normal with any speaker phone).

Then I sat in the car to see how receiving a call worked. I-drive screen identified the call and his phone rang. I pressed the steering wheel button. The conversation was clear again.

I had them verify my MIC. It is S184 Navigation System. So that the one that is standard with the Voice activated NAV.

The only thing that neither of us knew how to do was to tranfer his address book to the car. pharding? Can you tell me what you did?

I realize that this wasn't an in motion test and a stationery car is fairly ideal, but I was not disappointed with the results.

MOTO V710
Now my V710. Finds the car and pairs, but will not establish a permanent connection. That is the Verizon problem. Although I was hoping that it was limited to address book transfer, but someone with a new 05 had the same symptom.

So I am all set now waiting for Verizon to unlock the V710. Supposedly within a few weeks. Interestingly enough, the phone does not like multiple connections. I was unable to pair with the headset until I switched off the phone and deleted the BMW.

V13.3 Software
Is supposed to be more stable. RDS was not back, but it did retain my NAV address book and Radio Presets. Had to reset some minor preferences like door locks confirmation etc. IT IS AS SLOW AS BEFORE TO BOOT.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Members

What did they charge you?

Does your car have to be built within a specific date, ex; 3/04?
Old 11-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 2 2004, 09:54 PM
RETROFIT
I just got my car back!? The BT installation was a complete success as far as I am concerned.? I sat in the car with the service technician while he tested and verified assist,? which worked perfectly providing location and VIN info to the Assist call center.

MOTO V600
Then we paired his V600 (T-Mobile).? We had to enter a 16 digit key and pair the phone.? Once done we were able to speak numbers and initaite a call.

I stood outside the stationery car and spoke to him from my cell phone.? There was no echo,? no underwater sound.? It was clear (with ambient sound normal with any speaker phone).

Then I sat in the car to see how receiving a call worked.? I-drive screen identified the call and his phone rang.? I pressed the steering wheel button.? The conversation was clear again.

I had them verify my MIC.? It is S184 Navigation System.? So that the one that is standard with the Voice activated NAV.

The only thing that neither of us knew how to do was to tranfer his address book to the car.? pharding? Can you tell me what you did?

I realize that this wasn't an in motion test and a stationery car is fairly ideal,? but I was not disappointed with the results.

MOTO V710
Now my V710. Finds the car and pairs,? but will not establish a permanent connection.? That is the Verizon problem.? Although I was hoping that it was limited to address book transfer,? but someone with a new 05 had the same symptom.

So I am all set now waiting for Verizon to unlock the V710.? Supposedly within a few weeks.? Interestingly enough,? the phone does not like multiple connections.? I was unable to pair with the headset until I switched off the phone and deleted the BMW.

V13.3 Software
Is supposed to be more stable.? RDS was not back,? but it did retain my NAV address book and Radio Presets.? Had to reset some minor preferences like door locks confirmation etc.? IT IS AS SLOW AS BEFORE TO BOOT.
[snapback]52239[/snapback]

you DA MAN! more details!
Old 11-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

let us know if the sounds quality stays great after you use it while driving.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Nov 2 2004, 10:11 PM
[snapback]52243[/snapback]

Yeah, how about in and out sound quality?
Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 2 2004, 08:54 PM
The only thing that neither of us knew how to do was to tranfer his address book to the car.? pharding? Can you tell me what you did?
Congrats Hormazd !

When I picked up my car, the phone was working and I think that the phonebook had been transferred. After bumbling around each time I got in my car synching my phone to the car, I then followed a board member's suggestion. I just set my phone so that it synched up automatically The phonebook loads automatically when I get in the car. It all happens seamlessly without my intervention.

This is what I did on my Motorola V600. Go to Settings/Connection. Highlight the Bluetooth Link Symbol. The Bluetooth Link Screen comes up. Highlight Device History. Press Select. Bluetooth device screen comes up. Select BMW13122. Press Edit. Make sure that Acces is set to Automatic. As long as you have the phone on when you get in the car, the phone, including the phonebook, all synch automatically.

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to call Bob Paduch at Motor Werks, 847.381.8900 and get his input. Please tell him that you are a friend of mine. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 2 2004, 11:18 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 2 2004, 08:54 PM']The only thing that neither of us knew how to do was to tranfer his address book to the car.? pharding? Can you tell me what you did?
Congrats Hormazd !

When I picked up my car, the phone was working and I think that the phonebook had been transferred. After bumbling around each time I got in my car synching my phone to the car, I then followed a board member's suggestion. I just set my phone so that it synched up automatically The phonebook loads automatically when I get in the car. It all happens seamlessly without my intervention.

This is what I did on my Motorola V600. Go to Settings/Connection. Highlight the Bluetooth Link Symbol. The Bluetooth Link Screen comes up. Highlight Device History. Press Select. Bluetooth device screen comes up. Select BMW13122. Press Edit. Make sure that Acces is set to Automatic. As long as you have the phone on when you get in the car, the phone, including the phonebook, all synch automatically.

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to call Bob Paduch at Motor Werks, 847.381.8900 and get his input. Please tell him that you are a friend of mine. Good luck!
[snapback]52250[/snapback]
[/quote]

Paul and Hormazd - the BMW13122 is specific to Paul's car.. those are the last 6 digits in his VIN.. each of us will have the same type of identifier, but specific to our car.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by michaelg' date='Nov 2 2004, 08:07 PM
What did they charge you?

Does your car have to be built within a specific date, ex; 3/04?
[snapback]52241[/snapback]
Mine is 6/04 production. Earlier production dates require hardware changes like TCU and wiring Harness.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Nov 2 2004, 10:11 PM
[snapback]52243[/snapback]
Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 2 2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah, how about in and out sound quality?
[snapback]52246[/snapback]
I wish I could tell you guys more. I am not using BT!!!!! !@#$%ing Verizon!!!.

My car supports BT as much as any MY05 E60. I just don't yet have a compatible phone. I am assured that my phone will be unlocked within a few weeks. If not, I'm switching providers and getting a V600
Old 11-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 2 2004, 09:28 PM
Paul and Hormazd - the BMW13122 is specific to Paul's car.. those are the last 6 digits in his VIN.. each of us will have the same type of identifier, but specific to our car.
[snapback]52251[/snapback]
That is correct. Mine says BMW and the last 5 digits of my VIN

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Retrofit Preliminary Obvservations