Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth phone without NAV

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

If you do not have NAV then you do not have the voice commands so you cannot use voice to dial from the address book. You have to scoll through in I-drive and push down on the selected entry.

With Voice commands you push the voice button. (not the phone button) and say "Call [Name]"

Underwater sound is feedback (echo). When in a call try lowering the volume and ask the other party when your voice is ideal. Also resist the temptation to speak loudly as the MIC is sensitive and only a few inches from you mouth.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 22 2004, 03:42 PM
If you do not have NAV then you do not have the voice commands so you cannot use voice to dial from the address book.? You have to scoll through in I-drive and push down on the selected entry.

With Voice commands you push the voice button. (not the phone button) and say "Call [Name]"

Underwater sound is feedback (echo).? When in a call try lowering the volume and ask the other party when your voice is ideal.? Also resist the temptation to speak loudly as the MIC is sensitive and only a few inches from you mouth.
[snapback]71601[/snapback]
Actually, I just took delivery of my 2005 545 yesterday and it doesn't have Nav. I am using a Moto V505 bluetooth phone and the system works flawlessly.
Today I was playing with the voice command and there are useful commads for the phone only, no commands for the other functions that the nav option enables.
Previous post was accurate, there seems to be a seperate phone book in addition to the shared list with the phone. This extra list is where the voice commands are created and stored. In order to create voice entries you must be connected to the bluetooth phone and operational.
Funny thing on the way home from the dealer yesterday I was listening to my new cars radio and suddenly the radio went mute and the speakers started to "ring". My phone was in the glove box so I guessed by pressing the phone button on the steering. The phone system connected and the I conversed with my daughter while driving the canyon. Her voice was so clear it was like having her in the car. She said my voice was more clear than the usual quality while talking through the phone.

Today I spent some time and created the voice activated list in the car. One very awesome system

BTW the car is everything the others have said it is. I figured my high epectation could only lead to some disappointment. On the contrary, they have been exceeded.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, Mudman !
Old 12-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 22 2004, 06:39 PM
Welcome aboard, Mudman !
[snapback]71649[/snapback]
Thank You Iceman! I have been lurking since I ordered in October. Now I know what the excitement is about
Old 12-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 steptronic, silver gray, black, logic-7,PDC, folding rear seats, power rear shade, cold pack, 50% huper optic, comfort seats, sirius radio.

Good info, thanks.

Unfortunately, UPS was to deliver my RAZR phone today with the BT install scheduled for tomorrow. However, UPS can't find the phone and it's been tracked to the truck that made deliveries in my neighborhood already. It's 10:00 pm and I am still waiting. I've been trying to call cincular's customer service to see if I can pick up another phone first thing in the morning at a local store and get credit on the UPS shipment. Then my only probem will be the internet discount and rebate. This is really screwed up because my old sprint phone number and sprint discontinued my service on friday (the day I orderd).
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Mudman' date='Dec 22 2004, 06:37 PM
Actually, I just took delivery of my 2005 545 yesterday and it doesn't have Nav. I am using a Moto V505 bluetooth phone and the system works flawlessly.
Today I was playing with the voice command and there are useful commads? for the phone only,
[snapback]71648[/snapback]
Welcome Mudman, thanks for clarifying this. I stand corrected. I had read posts here about early non NAV cars for whom there are no voice commands. kscarroll for example. Anyway, congratulations on driving the finest sports sedan in its class.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 23 2004, 12:49 AM
[quote name='Mudman' date='Dec 22 2004, 06:37 PM']Actually, I just took delivery of my 2005 545 yesterday and it doesn't have Nav. I am using a Moto V505 bluetooth phone and the system works flawlessly.
Today I was playing with the voice command and there are useful commads? for the phone only,
[snapback]71648[/snapback]
Welcome Mudman, thanks for clarifying this. I stand corrected. I had read posts here about early non NAV cars for whom there are no voice commands. kscarroll for example. Anyway, congratulations on driving the finest sports sedan in its class.
[snapback]71713[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks all for the welcome
I look forward to learning more as all of us share our discoveries with this excellent sports sedan.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, mudman !