Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 AM
BBQ

Originally Posted by Central NJ' date='Mar 7 2005, 01:45 PM
[quote name='wnrussell' date='Mar 6 2005, 11:11 AM'][quote name='RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM']I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

My question is, how do you switch from the car system to the phone or a bluetooth earpiece?? In otherwards, if you receive a phone call while in your car driving, is it possible to take it off speaker from the car and either transfer it to a bluetooth earpiece or talk directly on the phone.? Same question for making calls from the car.
[snapback]97831[/snapback]
You can go in the I-menu (push controller in main menu screen, communication settings, Bluetooth connection) and deactivate the connection in there. You won't need to re-pair the phone when you re-enable.

I know what you mean, how you sometimes need privacy and Bluetooth won't give that to you. On Friday night, I had a call from a contractor to tell me about a court case that day. I told him I was on my way skiing for the weekend. He said "I'm sure there will be "lots-a-poking".

I had no idea what he meant, and neither did my wife and daughters who could hear.
[snapback]97892[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even worse....How about your girlfriend 1 is sitting right next to you while your other girlfriend 2 is calling in. Even if you immediately hang up it invites conversation as to "Why did you do that"? It seems to me that this is a liablity issue. No Privacy is going to get someone killed.
[snapback]98282[/snapback]
[/quote]

Has this happened to anyone else
Old 03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
JMB
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQ' date='Mar 8 2005, 10:28 PM
[quote name='Central NJ' date='Mar 7 2005, 01:45 PM'][quote name='wnrussell' date='Mar 6 2005, 11:11 AM'][quote name='RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM']I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

My question is, how do you switch from the car system to the phone or a bluetooth earpiece?? In otherwards, if you receive a phone call while in your car driving, is it possible to take it off speaker from the car and either transfer it to a bluetooth earpiece or talk directly on the phone.? Same question for making calls from the car.
You can go in the I-menu (push controller in main menu screen, communication settings, Bluetooth connection) and deactivate the connection in there. You won't need to re-pair the phone when you re-enable.

I know what you mean, how you sometimes need privacy and Bluetooth won't give that to you. On Friday night, I had a call from a contractor to tell me about a court case that day. I told him I was on my way skiing for the weekend. He said "I'm sure there will be "lots-a-poking".

I had no idea what he meant, and neither did my wife and daughters who could hear.
[/quote]

Even worse....How about your girlfriend 1 is sitting right next to you while your other girlfriend 2 is calling in. Even if you immediately hang up it invites conversation as to "Why did you do that"? It seems to me that this is a liablity issue. No Privacy is going to get someone killed.
[/quote]

[snapback]98711[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's a function that is handset dependent. I have a Sony Ericsson P910 and when having a call thru BT handsfree there is an additional option in the phone menu: "transfer call to handset". You only have to select it to talk privately.
I know some Nokias also have this function.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Concerned

Originally Posted by JMB' date='Mar 8 2005, 04:06 PM
[quote name='BBQ' date='Mar 8 2005, 10:28 PM'][quote name='Central NJ' date='Mar 7 2005, 01:45 PM'][quote name='wnrussell' date='Mar 6 2005, 11:11 AM'][quote name='RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM']I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[snapback]98711[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's a function that is handset dependent. I have a Sony Ericsson P910 and when having a call thru BT handsfree there is an additional option in the phone menu: "transfer call to handset". You only have to select it to talk privately.
I know some Nokias also have this function.
[snapback]98715[/snapback]
[/quote]

We never know it advance who is going to call. It rings and you answer. Where your in the car on bluetooth the navagation screen tells the whole car who's calling. It can create some uncomfortable situations. We don't want to let anyone know who's calling before we even know. I never appreciated the privacy issue before but I do now. Also if you accept the call the whole car is involved with every word. Also, Bluetooth in the car sucks My RAZOR battery at an alarming rate. I need to have the car charger hooked up whenever possible. You can't always easily get to the phone to get off the loudspeaker and get to privacy.
Bluetooth is great but there is a tradeoff.

Are there any others that have felt the stress of calls that are not meant for the general publics ears.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:24 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re: Treo 650...Does that have a 'transfer to headset' function?

Thaniks,

Sam