Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Lost Pairing With BlackBerry. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Bluetooth has worked flawlessly since the dealership paired it with my BlackBerry some time ago. Today I had them run the retrofit to add my iPod. After I left, I noticed that my phone was no longer paired with the Bluetooth. It does recognize my phone as a paired device but I have no idea what passkey was used when it was originally installed. It appears that I can set it to anything I want on my phone, but when I go through the add device in I Drive, entering the same passkey numbers, it won't let me select "confirm passkey". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or do I have to know what the original passkey # used is before I can get them to pair? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated - I'm trying to avoid having to go back to the dealership tomorrow.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Sooner79' post='744209' date='Dec 12 2008, 07:11 PM
My Bluetooth has worked flawlessly since the dealership paired it with my BlackBerry some time ago. Today I had them run the retrofit to add my iPod. After I left, I noticed that my phone was no longer paired with the Bluetooth. It does recognize my phone as a paired device but I have no idea what passkey was used when it was originally installed. It appears that I can set it to anything I want on my phone, but when I go through the add device in I Drive, entering the same passkey numbers, it won't let me select "confirm passkey". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or do I have to know what the original passkey # used is before I can get them to pair? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated - I'm trying to avoid having to go back to the dealership tomorrow.
Thanks!
Passkey can be any four digit code you choose. Since you can't recall what the dealership used, delete the device from the iDrive Communication menu and pair it again. But before this, I assume you've tried the easy codes like 0000 or 1234? I personally use 0000 and have never had an issue through several different devices. I doubt the sales person was too creative with the passkey...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='744220' date='Dec 12 2008, 07:43 PM
Passkey can be any four digit code you choose. Since you can't recall what the dealership used, delete the device from the iDrive Communication menu and pair it again. But before this, I assume you've tried the easy codes like 0000 or 1234? I personally use 0000 and have never had an issue through several different devices. I doubt the sales person was too creative with the passkey...
I deleted the device and paired it again. It recognizes it but no matter what 4 digit code I enter, it will not allow me to enable it in the IDrive menu. Any ideas?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Members

Reset the phone. Pull out the battery after shutting it down (helps speed up boot time) and then hold down the power button with the battery out. I always touch the contacts while doing this to ensure that all static buildup or anything is gone (ive never been shocked and done it with hundreds of phones, blackberrys included so dont worry as long as your hands are dry). Put it all back in, delete all pairing from blackberry and phone, just use 0000 in both and viola it should work.
PM me if you have problems, we can chat on the phone live if you so desire...
Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by chromecarz00' post='744277' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:47 PM
Reset the phone. Pull out the battery after shutting it down (helps speed up boot time) and then hold down the power button with the battery out. I always touch the contacts while doing this to ensure that all static buildup or anything is gone (ive never been shocked and done it with hundreds of phones, blackberrys included so dont worry as long as your hands are dry). Put it all back in, delete all pairing from blackberry and phone, just use 0000 in both and viola it should work.
PM me if you have problems, we can chat on the phone live if you so desire...
chromecarz00 - You are a miracleworker! The king, the grandmaster of Bluetoothdom!! It worked!!! Thanks so much for your help!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Members

Haha no problem at all, glad to help.