Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i just recently purchased a pre-owned 05' 525I and when i go into the the bluetooth menu i am not able to check the bluetooth activation box i took it to the dealer they said it will cost $210 to run a diagnostic and we can move on from there so i went to my friends shop and he ran a diagnostic for me for $20 there was a code that pulled up he cleared it and it did not come back after and when he tried to activate the bluetooth from the diagnostic computer itself a communication error kept on comming up does any one have any info on this could it just be a software problem because we did check the tcu and blutooth antenna everything was fine

Thank for the help
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It may make it easier for people to help you out if you specify what country you're in (you can add it to your profile in the location field.)

In addition, browse through (or search through) the many bluetooth related topics already posted to see if someone has already answered your question. If not, it might help out if you add some specifics as to exactly what the screen is saying, etc. since there are many differences in the car's software versions, etc.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Members

It is an 2005 525I and i live in the US Delaware. When i go into the idrive menu for the bluetooth settings i highlight the box and press the idrive button but the box just does not get checked. The dealer was gonna check the tcu and the bluetooth antenna but the tcu is very costly my buddy at his shop even physically checked both of these items and they were fine no corrosion or anything i was hoping it could be fixed with a software upgrade or something of that sort

Thanks for your help
Old 04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Just to clarify, does it say "Bluetooth communication active" next to the checkbox that you're trying to check? Is this checkbox under the 'i' menu and located under "Communication settings" then "Bluetooth" then "Settings"?

If so and the box isn't able to be checked, then I'm not sure what to think. I don't remember anyone else complaining about this problem (that doesn't mean someone here won't be able to help straighten things out) so at this point, I'm guessing it's a problem with the TCU or the car's software needs updating. Are you still under warranty? If so, you could probably find something that was fixed in a newer version of the software and complain about it to the dealer. They may end up loading a newer version of the software and, quite possibly, if something is wrong with the TCU, it'll crash during the update and they might end up installing a new one, etc. to get everything working again...
Old 04-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Members

Yeah your going to need a software update for the TCU. It's called a MOXA Box repair. If they still can't get it to work
after that then they are going to have to replace the TCU. Hope your still covered under warranty. That TCU is EXPENSIVE!