Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, 6 Speed Manual, Premium/Sport Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Light Control

Hi all got a strange situation I am hoping you can assist with. Yesterday evening after starting the car and during the pairing process, the phone rang, I attempted to answer via the steering wheel button, the system says it was connecting and that is where it is still. No radio, no CD, can't disable BT, can't delete paired phone, HELP!!

I tried shutting down the car, letting it sit and then restarting, same situation. I turn off the phone, turn on the car, no BT connection, it still is in the same mode. The phone is working independent of the car (with/without headset) and I still can't get it to reset. Should I pull a fuse or is that a bad idea? Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Titanium Silver M-Tech Sport, nav, HUD, comfort seats, comfort access, HD radio, Sat radio, folding mirrors

Originally Posted by waynerm002' post='613531' date='Jul 1 2008, 07:26 AM
Hi all got a strange situation I am hoping you can assist with. Yesterday evening after starting the car and during the pairing process, the phone rang, I attempted to answer via the steering wheel button, the system says it was connecting and that is where it is still. No radio, no CD, can't disable BT, can't delete paired phone, HELP!!

I tried shutting down the car, letting it sit and then restarting, same situation. I turn off the phone, turn on the car, no BT connection, it still is in the same mode. The phone is working independent of the car (with/without headset) and I still can't get it to reset. Should I pull a fuse or is that a bad idea? Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
I had this problem with my 04 530 before which was finally solved by a software update. In my situation, I had to let the car sit for several hours before it would reset itself to normal. You may want to read [topic="0"]this [/topic]thread if you haven't already.

Originally, the dealer turned off BMW Assist which cured the problem but left my car in a less than normal state. However, they later updated the software and turned Assist back on and I never saw the problem again.

Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, 6 Speed Manual, Premium/Sport Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Light Control

The system has reset itself, it is working fine. Thanks for the info.