Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth cradle

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I hooked up my bluetooth cradle last night and after connecting the antenna wire in the trunk the shark fin is working for my phone but the phone does not appear to charge. Any ideas why. I hooked up both wires in the center console. ie antenna and main harness. Do I have ot have something coded. I can see the TCU needing coded for the data exchange but just for 12 volt. Is there another wire in the trunk or something that I need to hook up? PLEASE help!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Jan 13 2005, 12:50 PM
I hooked up my bluetooth cradle last night and after connecting the antenna wire in the trunk the shark fin is working for my phone but the phone does not appear to charge. Any ideas why. I hooked up both wires in the center console. ie antenna and main harness. Do I have ot have something coded. I can see the TCU needing coded for the data exchange but just for 12 volt. Is there another wire in the trunk or something that I need to hook up? PLEASE help!!!
[snapback]78764[/snapback]
I remember the dealer telling me that it does not charge, it just keeps the battery from draining. it'll live off your car's connector instead of the battery but will not charge.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

What dealer? I am not buying that....I guess I could just use the phone and see what happens. I would think that if 12 volts were supplied the phone would automatically try to charge.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Members

Can you give us your impression on the impact on reception and sound quality using the sharkfin?
Are they the same as without the cradle or is there any imrprovment?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Please advise us on audio quality, including audio quality for the party on the other end, with and without the shark fin antenna. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Contributors

The reception is better. I very rarely go below full power on the sharkfin signal. I have tha part list and will try to post some pics today. I am going in next friday to have the TCU coded so the phone will at least charge in the cradle as well.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

The factory fit bluetooth cradle DOES charge the phone. Your dealer is giving you bad info.