Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and CPT9000

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is in the shop for software upgrades on "recall". I currently have a CPT-9000 installed in the car. Anybody know if I can have the bluetooth enabled AND have the CPT-9000 still work in the car?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, like2short !
Old 01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, like2short !
Old 01-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by like2short' date='Jan 13 2005, 10:03 PM
My car is in the shop for software upgrades on "recall".? I currently have a CPT-9000 installed in the car.? Anybody know if I can have the bluetooth enabled AND have the CPT-9000 still work in the car?
[snapback]78951[/snapback]
I'm curious about that myself. I have the cpt9000, and hope someone knows the answer.

Also, it would be helpful if you posted your car information.

Welcome Aboard!!

James
Old 01-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I went to pick up my car today and before leaving the dealershop I activated Sirius (works great) and ran through the communications menu to see how the Bluetooth screens looked. (When I took the car in, I asked them to activate BT thinking it could work as an alternative to the CPT9000. Sort of an either/or situation.)

I immediately noticed that the CPT9000 no longer was recognized by the car even though it was plugged in to the eject box and powered up. The "Please Wait" screen came on but then a message saying something like "please activate phone" showed up. I went into the settings menu (i menu) and under communications I unchecked the Bluetooth checkbox. After that, if I went back to the phone (communications screen) menu, it simply said something like "please select Bluetooth in the settings menu."

I showed the tech (who seems very knowledgeable about software upgrades, etc. and this dealership has always done successful programming for me) and he agreed that he thought the CPT9000 should be able to work with Bluetooth.

He researched the situation with BMW and called me back a little while ago saying that you have to use one or the other. In other words, if you want CPT9000, you need to deactivate BT. If you want BT, you need to disable the CPT9000.

For now, he's going to deactivate BT for me since I have no immediate need for it. Down the road, if I upgrade to a BT phone, I'll have him switch it back...
Old 01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Rudy: Congratulations on the Sirius install.

Green with envy,

Sam
Old 01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 14 2005, 12:35 PM
I went to pick up my car today and before leaving the dealershop I activated Sirius (works great) and ran through the communications menu to see how the Bluetooth screens looked.? (When I took the car in, I asked them to activate BT thinking it could work as an alternative to the CPT9000.? Sort of an either/or situation.)?

I immediately noticed that the CPT9000 no longer was recognized by the car even though it was plugged in to the eject box and powered up.? The "Please Wait" screen came on but then a message saying something like "please activate phone" showed up.? I went into the settings menu (i menu) and under communications I unchecked the Bluetooth checkbox.? After that, if I went back to the phone (communications screen) menu, it simply said something like "please select Bluetooth in the settings menu."

I showed the tech (who seems very knowledgeable about software upgrades, etc. and this dealership has always done successful programming for me) and he agreed that he thought the CPT9000 should be able to work with Bluetooth.

He researched the situation with BMW and called me back a little while ago saying that you have to use one or the other.? In other words, if you want CPT9000, you need to deactivate BT.? If you want BT, you need to disable the CPT9000.

For now, he's going to deactivate BT for me since I have no immediate need for it.? Down the road, if I upgrade to a BT phone, I'll have him switch it back...
[snapback]79153[/snapback]
Too bad you cant have both with just a couple of clicks. E.G. Lets say you go for a long trip with your better half. She has a BT phone and you are not going to use your phone just because yours is used for business and hers for personal gossiping etc. Activate the BT and she is paired. Unactivate and the CPT is live.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:34 PM
Rudy:? Congratulations on the Sirius install.

Green with envy,

Sam
[snapback]79260[/snapback]
Thanks Sam! I only had a chance to play with it for a few minutes and then I discovered the CPT9000 not working so I ended up leaving the car at the dealer for them to reprogram things back to the way they were prior to BT activation. (Looks like I'll be parking the X3 at Heinz Field Saturday instead of my "baby") Funny thing -- you can't simply de-activate it once it's activated. The tech had to call BMW and they have to do a bunch of special stuff to reprogram everything back to the way it was...

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:43 PM
Too bad you cant have both with just a couple of clicks.?? E.G.? Lets say you go for a long trip with your better half.? She has a BT phone and you are not going to use your phone just because yours is used for business and hers for personal gossiping etc.?? Activate the BT and she is paired.? Unactivate and the CPT is live.
[snapback]79262[/snapback]
Exactly. Even the tech agreed that it should work that way. The only reason I asked them to activate BT was because I assumed it wouldn't interfere with anything. Obviously the tech didn't know it would cause problems either or he likely would have warned me or asked me if I was still willing to proceed with the BT activation.