Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Okay a couple of weeks ago in this forum someone stated that BMW was comming out with a add on cradle that fits in the arm rest where the V60i would go. It would also be fully compatible with idrive. But i have yet to here about this again does anyone have information on this new retro fit or was it mularki.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jun 9 2005, 08:55 AM
Okay a couple of weeks ago in this forum someone stated that BMW was comming out with a add on cradle that fits in the arm rest where the V60i would go.? It would also be fully compatible with idrive.? But i have yet to here about this again does anyone have information on this new retro fit or was it mularki.
[snapback]137911[/snapback]
Having a cradle kind of defeats the purpose of having bluetooth doesn't it?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Jun 9 2005, 08:58 AM
[quote name='buddy' date='Jun 9 2005, 08:55 AM']Okay a couple of weeks ago in this forum someone stated that BMW was comming out with a add on cradle that fits in the arm rest where the V60i would go.? It would also be fully compatible with idrive.? But i have yet to here about this again does anyone have information on this new retro fit or was it mularki.
[snapback]137911[/snapback]
Having a cradle kind of defeats the purpose of having bluetooth doesn't it?
[snapback]137912[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well in one respect i think it does, but if you are an early adopter of the e60 and cannot get it any other way it may be usefull. It may be that the cradle does not actually fit a phone but, just fits in the place of the cradle and intergrates with the cars hands free system and your bluetooth enabled phone.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Can u be more specific about which cradle u are talking about. Cradles for various bluetooth phones have been available for some time now. Only real NEW one I am aware of yet to be released is the one a NOKIA phone that I don't remember the number for.

Current 5/6 series cradles

Motorola v710 84 21 0 393 570
Motorola v5xx/6xx 84 21 0 307 726
Sony Ericsson T610/616/637 84 21 0 304 298
Seimens S55, S56 84 21 6 935 653
Seimens S65, S66 84 21 0 392 326

Many of use find the added umph connecting to external antenna well worth it. Charging is a bonus.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

I cant be more specific, because i dont know what it is it was spoken about on this board and i was looking for a follow up. A nokia would be lovely as i have the new Nokia 6225i i love this phone so if i could get a get a cradal for this it would be great.

Okay this is the thread that was started about the cradel that i spoke of

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...2&hl=bluetooth
Old 06-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jun 10 2005, 06:51 PM
I cant be? more specific, because i dont know what it is it was spoken about on this board and i was looking for a follow up.? A nokia would be lovely as i have the new Nokia 6225i i love this phone so if i could get a get a cradal for this it would be great.

[snapback]138415[/snapback]
I am not sure what that is but it may refer to some third party attempt to get bluetooth into cars that are not able now. Someone like Motorola, Siemens, Nokia for example. Even another electronics company that may not be in the phone business. Sorry if I could not help.

I assume u must be one with a pre 03/04 build that needs a new TCU? If so u know that to have BMW get u to bluetooth u were looking at potentially $2k for new TCU, etc. So another cheaper option would certainly be good especially of it is not far away.

U might try looking in the web sites of those mfrs above (Motorola, Nokia, etc). Maybe they would have some info on where they're at on getting bluetooth integrated into vehicles.

If this is not your issue here is the May '05 BMW list of compatible phones and which have cradles.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BLUETOOTH_COMPAT_20MAY2005.pdf (32.6 KB, 117 views)
Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 11 2005, 11:47 AM
[quote name='buddy' date='Jun 10 2005, 06:51 PM']I cant be? more specific, because i dont know what it is it was spoken about on this board and i was looking for a follow up.? A nokia would be lovely as i have the new Nokia 6225i i love this phone so if i could get a get a cradal for this it would be great.

[snapback]138415[/snapback]
I am not sure what that is but it may refer to some third party attempt to get bluetooth into cars that are not able now. Someone like Motorola, Siemens, Nokia for example. Even another electronics company that may not be in the phone business. Sorry if I could not help.

I assume u must be one with a pre 03/04 build that needs a new TCU? If so u know that to have BMW get u to bluetooth u were looking at potentially $2k for new TCU, etc. So another cheaper option would certainly be good especially of it is not far away.

U might try looking in the web sites of those mfrs above (Motorola, Nokia, etc). Maybe they would have some info on where they're at on getting bluetooth integrated into vehicles.

If this is not your issue here is the May '05 BMW list of compatible phones and which have cradles.
[snapback]138561[/snapback]
[/quote]

Many thanks Cobradav, i am one of the really early adopters of the e60 the first in Richmond Va by the way and a July or August of 03 build date purchased in Sept of 03. I recently had software ver. 16.2 installed and i was hopeing that it would crash and fry the tcu but it went in with little a hitch except for the light module that had to be replaced. I have the nokia 6225i and a bluetooth ear peice so i have hands free but would love for it to be intergrated into the idrive of the car . Sooner or later i hope it happens. I wish that bmw would allow us to program our cell phones to the tcu regardless of bluetooth or not and use the existing full duplex system it is a shame that they have it locked and obviously for reason. My thing is that it is our car we paid for it and should be able to treat it as such there is nothing that realeasing the rights to the tcu will do to the car. Its just really frustrating and not understanable but .......... oops starting to vent thanks again corbradav
Old 06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributors

buddy Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM
[snapback]138561[/snapback]
[/quote]

Many thanks Cobradav, i am one of the really early adopters of the e60 the first in Richmond Va by the way and a July or August of 03 build date purchased in Sept of 03. I recently had software ver. 16.2 installed and i was hopeing that it would crash and fry the tcu but it went in with little a hitch except for the light module that had to be replaced. I have the nokia 6225i and a bluetooth ear peice so i have hands free but would love for it to be intergrated into the idrive of the car . Sooner or later i hope it happens. I wish that bmw would allow us to program our cell phones to the tcu regardless of bluetooth or not and use the existing full duplex system it is a shame that they have it locked and obviously for reason. My thing is that it is our car we paid for it and should be able to treat it as such there is nothing that realeasing the rights to the tcu will do to the car. Its just really frustrating and not understanable but .......... oops starting to vent thanks again corbradav
[snapback]138851[/snapback]
[/quote]
It is frustrating when they tease u with general statements about added features or capabilities then when u get right down to it in YOUR car it's er, um, ah well no that does not work yet sir. Anyway, I'll keep poking around and if I see anything I'll pass it on. I tried googling and got some god awful out of date "breaking news". Made me so mad I sent in some nasty comments to the news breaker. And u know others here on the forum are asking the same questions so others are looking as well.