Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Blackberry Pearl 8100 won't pair with my '05 545i

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have looked through many posts, but still can't figure out why my phone won't pair with my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the details.

2005 545i
Blackberry Pearl 8100
AT&T

I have deleted all previously paired phones from the previous owner. I am following the pairing steps below only to receive the following message "unable to pair with BMW####"

-go to add device on my phone
-it searches and finds the car
-I enter the passkey of 0000. I have tried a million different combinations.
-I enter the passkey information on the car
-As soon I hit enter on the iDrive for the passkey, I get the error on my phone that says "unable to pair with BMW15468"

I just updated my phone's firmware and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by pdimitri' post='579450' date='May 13 2008, 11:34 AM
I have looked through many posts, but still can't figure out why my phone won't pair with my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the details.

2005 545i
Blackberry Pearl 8100
AT&T

I have deleted all previously paired phones from the previous owner. I am following the pairing steps below only to receive the following message "unable to pair with BMW####"

-go to add device on my phone
-it searches and finds the car
-I enter the passkey of 0000. I have tried a million different combinations.
-I enter the passkey information on the car
-As soon I hit enter on the iDrive for the passkey, I get the error on my phone that says "unable to pair with BMW15468"

I just updated my phone's firmware and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil
i set the car to discoverable first, then had the phone look for devices. i have an 8320 and it worked. not that it's going to matter, but I used pin 1234. 0000 sometimes can be problematic. what version of the pearl firmware are you running? and, what version of progman is your car on?

also, do you have an earpiece paired with the pearl? is that connected while you're trying to pair to the car? is the pearl hooked up to an enterprise server (ie did you get it from work?) the IT staff can block pairing if they want to from the server.

-felix
Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fvicente' post='579775' date='May 13 2008, 07:43 PM
i set the car to discoverable first, then had the phone look for devices. i have an 8320 and it worked. not that it's going to matter, but I used pin 1234. 0000 sometimes can be problematic. what version of the pearl firmware are you running? and, what version of progman is your car on?

also, do you have an earpiece paired with the pearl? is that connected while you're trying to pair to the car? is the pearl hooked up to an enterprise server (ie did you get it from work?) the IT staff can block pairing if they want to from the server.

-felix
Felix:

Thanks for your reply. The answer to this riddle is that I am an idiot. When I was entering my passkey, i was not pulling down (toward the back seat) on the iDrive knob to confirm the passkey. I was actually pushing up (toward the front of car) and effectively cancelling out of the screen. I read that someone else was doing the same thing, so I went out to car and messed with the iDrive button...and I was doping the same thing.

I am now all paired up. It worked flawlessly as soon as I stopped exiting out of the passkey confirmation screen.

Thanks to all for a great BMW site,
Phil