Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BlackBerry 7100

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 550i M-Sport (on order) 2011 335is 6 speed (current) 2005 545i 6 speed (sold)

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='232624' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:20 PM
I have a Blackberry 7100 with an '06 (Nov build) 530i.

I can not store phone numbers but the BT technology works really good.

The only problem I have is that when I am on one call and get another call coming in (normally I have call waiting/option to ignore or accept incoming call), it drops the call I am on and connects me to the incoming call.

I turned call waiting off on my phone so that if I get a call while I am on another call, now it runs straight to voicemail.

So I wish it worked better but it is still nice to be able to use the voice commands to dial even if I can't use the address book.

I have this exact same problem --- it is horrible!! I'll be on the phone with a client and then my wife will beep in and it'll automatically drop the client and connect to the wife --- ARGH!

Anybody out there have any resolution for this?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by jhav' post='246630' date='Feb 27 2006, 09:30 AM
I have this exact same problem --- it is horrible!! I'll be on the phone with a client and then my wife will beep in and it'll automatically drop the client and connect to the wife --- ARGH!

Anybody out there have any resolution for this?
DIVORCE?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i; Silver Gray; Sports and Premium Package; SAT radio; AUX input.

The call waiting problem is fixed once you upgrade the software on the 7100 handheld. I just did it and I now can have call waiting even though I'm using the BT in my car.

Also, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION:

IF I UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE TO THE VERSION ENUMERATED IN THIS THREAD PREVIOUSLY, WILL I BE ABLE TO TRANSFER MY ADDRESS BOOK WITHOUT THE CAR'S SOFTWARE BEING UPGRADED. MY SERVICE REP WOULD NOT UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE . . . ITS BS.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i; Silver Gray; Sports and Premium Package; SAT radio; AUX input.

HOW DO YOU DELETE THE VENDOR FILE? I'VE FOUND IT, BUT CANNOT DELETE IT. ONLY ASK IF I WANT TO COPY IT OR EXTRACT IT.

RIGHT NOW, I HAVE DELETED THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE SOFTWARE, BUT ITS NOT RECOGNIZING THE SOFTWARE.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Originally Posted by jdcuk' post='226520' date='Jan 19 2006, 12:31 PM
If anyone is interested, today I upgraded my Blackberry 7100v (Vodafone UK) with the latest 4.1 handheld software from Hong Kong CSL

Downloaded it from here (select the link for 7100g) :-

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload...lient=cB5RB4aRB

Installed it to the pc, then deleted the vendor.xlm file (search for it on your hard disk).

It upgraded my 7100v to v4.1.0.210 and now I can exchange my phonebook with Idrive in my 5 Series. Works a treat

Jason
Old 03-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by msolo' post='256514' date='Mar 17 2006, 05:23 PM
HOW DO YOU DELETE THE VENDOR FILE? I'VE FOUND IT, BUT CANNOT DELETE IT. ONLY ASK IF I WANT TO COPY IT OR EXTRACT IT.

RIGHT NOW, I HAVE DELETED THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE SOFTWARE, BUT ITS NOT RECOGNIZING THE SOFTWARE.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.
You need to extract all files first, then delete the vendor file...
Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Members

Validation that the Blackberry 7100t works just great with my 06 525i (built in BT, but no NAV).

The 4.1 upgrade on your BlackBerry should be considered a prerequisite. Don't be scared by the fact that the file comes from an Asian phone company, everything is still in English on the phone. Infact, the installer brings up a language option as one of the first questions, but I doubt that even changes anything... I think the language is coded in the BB itself.

Without the 4.1 upgrade
Phone book does not transfer
Call waiting disconnects the original call when a second call comes in.

Both of these problems are resolved with 4.1 so just do it and don't be scared. The upgrader even backs up your phone book and SMS/mail history before it upgrades.

Features that work with the car
Dialing by number via voice or I-Drive Wheel
Dialing by phonebook via I-Drive Wheel
Recording voice commands for dialing numbers (this memory is stored in the car, not the phone)
Caller ID, Call waiting, etc.

Features that don't work with the car
Dialing phone book entries in my BB's memory via voice commands. - I have heard that this is an option that is enabled with all the other voice commands that NAV gives you. I dunno. I just went through the "record name" process with the 10 or so numbers I call most often. It's cool anyway, since I have people's full names in my phone's address book, and then the car displays each person's entries (home, office, mobile, etc.) as seperate entries in the car phone book, so I can record the word "work" and program in my admin's desk phone number instead of having to say her entire name and "office"

I'll snap some pictures if anyone really cares, but it's pretty much the same as every one else has said.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Members

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THE MOST RECENT SOFTWARE FOR THE BMW. I HAVE 16.2, installed the BB 4.1 Software, and it works. All my contacts are transferred to the car.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Just a heads up

I have a 2006 E63, Verizon and the BB 7130e. It *was* working just fine. Signal strength, dial by name, full phonebook, everything. I "upgraded" to the new firmware 4.1.0.268 (for the phone) and at that point it would still pair, but would drop the BT connection every 5 minutes or so. I tried everything I knew, and finally, I just called Verizon and they sent me a new phone. (4.1.0.117) I paired it in 2 minutes and I'm back to 100%.

Be wary of the new Verizon firmware for the 7130e.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Members

Gene,

You don't have NAV, right? But you can still dial all the BB's phone book entries by voice? Do you have all the other voice commands (like changing radio stations and such)? We E60'ers don't get the full compliment of voice commands without NAV, and I've been lead to believe that speaking a phonebook entry in your phone's memory is one of those extended features.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Originally Posted by livitup' post='257999' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:01 AM
Gene,

You don't have NAV, right? But you can still dial all the BB's phone book entries by voice? Do you have all the other voice commands (like changing radio stations and such)? We E60'ers don't get the full compliment of voice commands without NAV, and I've been lead to believe that speaking a phonebook entry in your phone's memory is one of those extended features.
I have Nav..

Quick Reply: BlackBerry 7100