Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Old 11-11-2014, 05:39 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by ETNav382
I did a quick look up on Amazon for some reviews and apparently you have to completely re pair it every time it turns off. For in car applications I don't think that one would work as seamlessly as the other.

Features Bluetooth Class 2 for superior wireless performance
Transmits up to 33 feet away
Remembers up to six paired devices
12 hours battery life on standby, chargeable on USB.

Maybe the reviews you read are "dated".....?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you with 6FL Ipod integration inside your center console, I've been using this with great results:
Amazon.com: VicTsing® Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black: Electronics Amazon.com: VicTsing® Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black: Electronics
. It auto-pairs in a couple seconds with my Galaxy S5 and also supports at least 3 devices at the same time. No humming, or notable degradation in sound quality through factory Logic 7. For $10, I'd buy another in a heartbeat!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by tpaxadpom
Personally I am using Logitech Bluetooth Amazon.com: Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter: Computers & Accessories It has auto connect and multilink (you can have 2 phones connected at the same time and switch between them).
In my car it was easy as I have 6FL (USB and aux in center console). I added a small usb hub and plugged in usb flash drive and BT adapter (for power). And then connected 3.5mm cable to Aux jack.
My wife's car like yours doesn't have the 6FL option. So I simply ran the wire to the aux jack and plugged adapter into usb charger connected to cigarette lighter outlet behind the glove box. I plan to tap to AUX and cigarette lighter like you did and run the wires to the center console.
This Logitech BT audio looks really decent and promising. I'll probably give this a try.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:39 AM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

Originally Posted by darkrider
For those of you with 6FL Ipod integration inside your center console, I've been using this with great results: Amazon.com: VicTsing® Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black: Electronics. It auto-pairs in a couple seconds with my Galaxy S5 and also supports at least 3 devices at the same time. No humming, or notable degradation in sound quality through factory Logic 7. For $10, I'd buy another in a heartbeat!
I agree that this is a cool temporary solution. I had one plugged in one of my rearward cig lighter ports with the audio port into the rear aux. Worked great until my 6 year old snapped it off while sitting in the center back seat.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Just installed the Sure Electronics Bluetooth 4.0 board on my preLCI E60. Hidden behind the dashboard and under the navigation screen. Now I can stream my music wirelessly via my phone. Awesome mod, thanks for the write up.

http://store.sure-electronics.com/aa-ab41136

Last edited by quanger; 11-17-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Quanger, which out did you tap for power?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Quang - how's the sound quality? and do you need to pair it back each time you turn on / off the car?

Last edited by Boost7; 11-17-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Quanger, which out did you tap for power?
I tapped onto the 12v cigarette lighter wires for the board power supply. So the board is off when the car ignition if off.

Originally Posted by Boost7
Quang - how's the sound quality? and do you need to pair it back each time you turn on / off the car?
The sounds are pretty good, I would say it's better than radio, seem like I have more bass. I have iPhone 6, it pair automatically when the car ignition on (have to pair the Sure Electronics board to your phone first). When ignition off, my phone disconnected and the music automatically paused. Therefore, whenever I start up the car, I have to press play on the phone, in which I have not get use to it yet since all the audio controls are from the phone. Other than that, it sounds awesome.

Phone is pairing to the car and the board at the same time. When calls coming in or out, the music is automatically on mute. So it is pretty cool, at first, I thought I would lost the phone feature if I used the aux in feature, or having to mute the music manually. So this is working better than I have expected.

The mod took about 1.5 hr include the time I am driving around looking for bumpy road to test. All are good since the board is double side taped to the top of center AC duct under the NAV screen.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:38 PM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

Congrats on the mod, quanger!

I'm considering adding a remote, for a little more safety. Glass screens suck for tactile feedback.
If anyone's used one of these, please chime in.

GOgroove.com: BlueGATE RMT Bluetooth Remote Control for iOS / Android Devices
Old 11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by insyder
Congrats on the mod, quanger!

I'm considering adding a remote, for a little more safety. Glass screens suck for tactile feedback.
If anyone's used one of these, please chime in.

GOgroove.com: BlueGATE RMT Bluetooth Remote Control for iOS / Android Devices
Damn, now I have to spend more money for this mod LoL. I am using the iPhone Siri feature, somewhat useful but still a bit slow for me. Let me know the feed back on this remote LoL, stop giving me more ideas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming