Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by MysticRob
After thinking about it though, I've come to the conclusion the left and right wiring really doesn't matter as I'll never know whether they're reversed or not. I figure the red and white go to the yellow and black, and the grounds will just go together, so I'll wire it all up that way.

After that, the only remaining question will be how to wire the power into the board from the cigarette lighter wiring. I'd hate to wire it backward and smoke the board, not that I even know if that's possible.
If you look at my pics in post # 171 and my explanation in post # 178, you'll see what I did. I used a barrel connector and wire from another power adapter to power the board from one of the cigarette lighter connections and a male 3.5 mm connector from old headphones connected to the aux jack plugged into the board. In my case, I sacrificed future use of the Aux jack. I paired the wire colors in my connections, which were soldered. Hope that helps.

Last edited by JayArras; 10-16-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:56 PM
New Members

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My Ride: Deep Sea Blue E61 535xi

Originally Posted by JayArras
If you look at my pics in post # 171 and my explanation in post # 178, you'll see what I did. I used a barrel connector and wire from another power adapter to power the board from one of the cigarette lighter connections and a male 3.5 mm connector from old headphones connected to the aux jack plugged into the board. In my case, I sacrificed future use of the Aux jack. I paired the wire colors in my connections, which were soldered. Hope that helps.
Yeah, it was a little unclear, especially in the pic with everything all wrapped up already, but with the help of my electrical-type son we got it figured out.

We did essentially the same thing you did, though I decided to go the easy route and simply disconnected the left side cig lighter adapter connector from the cig lighter to power the board.

We used a couple spade connectors and extra wire to run from the bottom end of the cig lighter connector where it would normally plug into the lighter itself.
Looking below, we ran a red wire from the VCC terminal on the board into the into the large green and white wire connector (power). Then we ran a black wire from the GND terminals on the board to the large brown and orange wire (ground). Once we got that figured out, then soldered it, then shrink wrapped it, the entire thing worked great once I got it all buttoned up!

I have the volume setting on my phone set to about 75%, adjusted the AUX equalizer settings, and proceeded to play all my favorite metal bands. Quality is great, and my Pixel 3a android phone links right up whenever the ignition is turned on. The phone is smart enough to link to both the car and the board simultaneously, so after I disabled phone calls thru the new board and enabled only music (easy enough to do in my phone's connection settings), then I experimented and played a song while calling my son. Thankfully the phone is smart enough to pause the music thru the board connection when it uses the car connection to dial out on the call. Phone call was successful, and when he hung up the music started right up again thru the board. Freaking awesome!!

Just for purposes of historical accuracy, I'm going to write up a doc at some point and post some more pics here.

Last edited by MysticRob; 10-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Glad it worked out for you, Rob! It's an awesome product!

It's a bummer that the Tinypic site was taken down (Photobucket, the parent, claims they were losing money on it) so that all those pics won't display, so doing a new writeup would be appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by JayArras; 10-16-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60

Hello, I am trying to install the Sure electronics bluetooth module and i need help just for sure. Is here still someone and can tell me how best to connect it, which and where to put cables and specially where is the right, left channel and ground on that small rear aux board ? Thank you.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Have you thoroughly read through the thread? The answers to all of those questions are there. What year is your E60?
Old 11-06-2019, 08:23 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60

Sorry, I just read it. So now im understand it but I didnt find it here on 100% where on the rear aux board is left, right channel and ground. My E60 is 10/2007 LCI
Old 11-07-2019, 12:16 AM
New Members

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My Ride: Deep Sea Blue E61 535xi

Originally Posted by Despise
Sorry, I just read it. So now im understand it but I didnt find it here on 100% where on the rear aux board is left, right channel and ground. My E60 is 10/2007 LCI
Honestly left and right don't really matter unless you're listening to some specialized stuff. I just wired it up to so it would work thru both channels and can't tell the difference either way.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Administrator

That's correct. You just have three wires to connect... the two speaker wires to the aux jack and the power to the cigarette lighter. The lighter is already grounded, so you're good.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:34 AM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

Hey just checking

in!

I noticed that some people couldn't find the Sure Electronics board at the original links. Here it is on Amazon:
Amazon Amazon

But if you search for "
bluetooth receiver board bluetooth receiver board
" I'm sure you'll find newer modules that have better connectivity with the latest phones.

And I tracked down some of the original pics

Basically the board wires in to the stock aux connection. All kinds of ways to do this. That board had RCA connections, so I elected to us that, but you could direct wire if you wanted or if the board you buy does it that way.

Stock wiring hanging out of the console

All wired in.

Stock, like it never happened.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Thanks so much for the thread refresh! This is still the best mod I have done to my E60.

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming