Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BB 7130e Hanging Up iDrive

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Titanium Silver M-Tech Sport, nav, HUD, comfort seats, comfort access, HD radio, Sat radio, folding mirrors

I have a BlackBerry 7130e which, for the most part, works fine with my 04/04 build E60. However, on occasion, when either receiving or making a call, it "hangs up" my iDrive screen. By "hanging up" iDrive, I mean that the screen just indicates "Connecting", the number, and nothing else. I can navigate to other screens, but, because the Bluetooth connection is still active (according to iDrive, not my phone), all my audio is muted. Since I have no NAV there is no way I know of to reboot the M-ASK using the "Vulcan Death Grip" method that CCC systems have. Therefore, the only way it clears, is to let the car go completely to sleep; then it's O.K.--which is a real nuisance.

I have taken it to the dealer for this and, since the problem has cleared by then and there's no entry in the computer, they're pretty much clueless.

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Also, is there a way to "reboot" a M-ASK system without having to wait for it to go to sleep?

Thanks for any information,

MG
Old 02-11-2007, 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

MG, I have the 7130c and it works fine with my 530i (MAsk). There were some problems with an ealier BBerry software. Do you you have the latest on on yours? That might be the problem.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Titanium Silver M-Tech Sport, nav, HUD, comfort seats, comfort access, HD radio, Sat radio, folding mirrors

Originally Posted by whentmets' post='390038' date='Feb 11 2007, 07:59 AM
MG, I have the 7130c and it works fine with my 530i (MAsk). There were some problems with an ealier BBerry software. Do you you have the latest on on yours? That might be the problem.
Hi whentmets

I have v. 4.1.0.268 which I think is the latest software from my carrier.

I guess it's back to the dealer I go.

MG
Old 02-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Members

I am running 4.1.0.321 from Cingular if that helps you at all. Everything seems fine with my E60 except that I cannot download the phonebook which is a known BBerry restriction.
Good Luck and keep us posted of the outcome.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Members

Smile

Originally Posted by Mudguppie' post='390019' date='Feb 11 2007, 06:46 AM
I have a BlackBerry 7130e which, for the most part, works fine with my 04/04 build E60. However, on occasion, when either receiving or making a call, it "hangs up" my iDrive screen. By "hanging up" iDrive, I mean that the screen just indicates "Connecting", the number, and nothing else. I can navigate to other screens, but, because the Bluetooth connection is still active (according to iDrive, not my phone), all my audio is muted. Since I have no NAV there is no way I know of to reboot the M-ASK using the "Vulcan Death Grip" method that CCC systems have. Therefore, the only way it clears, is to let the car go completely to sleep; then it's O.K.--which is a real nuisance.

I have taken it to the dealer for this and, since the problem has cleared by then and there's no entry in the computer, they're pretty much clueless.

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Also, is there a way to "reboot" a M-ASK system without having to wait for it to go to sleep?

Thanks for any information,

MG

Well, I just spoke to the dealer after having my car in the shop for 3 days waiting on a PUMA response regarding the above issue and their "magical" solution is to turn off BMW Assist because I am not a current subscriber. They apparently feel that replacing the TCU is too expensive and that later, if I find some new service that BMW Assist offers which interests me, I can bring my car back in and they'll replace the TCU. This borders on extortion! I argued that because the BMW Assist was provided as a factory option on my vehicle that I could enable anytime without a shop visit that they are NOT restoring my vehicle to factory specs. Apparently, they place so little value on my time that I should be happy with this "solution".

This will not stand. I have a 530, my wife drives a 325i which we were intending on upgrading to a later model--and this is how they treat a loyal customer? I'm so mad about this I can't even see straight!

I hope the BMWNA Customer Relations lurker reads this and feels as I do because if this is BMW's new way of taking care of the customer, I have purchased my last one!

MG
Old 03-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Members

I agree with you. Their answer is a "patch" and if they have to replace the TCU they should bite the bullet and replace it. Its a $50k car and this answer is unacceptable.

Any news from BMW NA?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by whentmets' post='398843' date='Mar 5 2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with you. Their answer is a "patch" and if they have to replace the TCU they should bite the bullet and replace it. Its a $50k car and this answer is unacceptable.

Any news from BMW NA?

Not yet. Still awaiting their reply. The said they would get back to me in 48 hours; it's now been over 53 hours. I'll update you once I hear from them.

Best regards,

Robert
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Members

I got an update today from BMWNA Customer "Relations" only after calling them. They're sticking by their guns by saying the solution they proposed stands. I was surprised they admitted it was to save themselves the cost of replacing the TCU . They said that if I wished to subscribe to BMW Assist, they would re-enable it, but did not say whether they would replace the TCU at that time. I am surprised and disappointed that a marquee name like BMW would treat their loyal customers this way. Oh well, that new Audi A6 is looking pretty good now.