Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Another iphone question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Ok, does anyone know if the iphone will opporate as an ipod when attached to the ipod adapter? I know it will work when plugged into headphone/mp3 jack, but it would be nice if the phone could also work as an ipod,
Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
RLC
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i - Oxford Green/Black/Dark Poplar, Stepronic, MOST iPod, Aux Input.

Originally Posted by jochet' post='453787' date='Jul 31 2007, 07:36 PM
Ok, does anyone know if the iphone will opporate as an ipod when attached to the ipod adapter? I know it will work when plugged into headphone/mp3 jack, but it would be nice if the phone could also work as an ipod,
We have the MOST iPod adapter installed in our 2004 530i (updated TCU for Bluetooth). The iPhone works when connected to the iPod adapter (you must decline Airplane mode when connecting), the Bluetooth connection works well (turn off WiFi to eliminate interference), and the iPod function audio fades out for calls and returns to play from the same spot after the call ends - as it should. Also, the phonebook loads and displays perfectly - we have the non-Nav iDrive.

Rick
Old 08-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 530i Mtech

I have connected my I phone to my I pod adapter and on my I phone it says that it cannot connect to this device please remove is there somthing wrong with the connection?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Anthony517' post='460290' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:39 PM
I have connected my I phone to my I pod adapter and on my I phone it says that it cannot connect to this device please remove is there somthing wrong with the connection?
any update on this?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Members

just ignore this
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 AM
Members

im reading lots of peoples iphones getting fried when putting them into some ipod charges and ipod hifi units

beware guys

iphone charger works at 5 volts whilst some ipod chargers(earlier versions i think) work at 12 volts

problem being with ipod hifi units is related to magnetism screwing up baseband on iphone
Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: Living in Germany as an expat, this is the perfect opportunity to own the car of my dreams. I bought a new BMW E560 Individual in April 2007 and I have been in love with my M5 ever since! Where else can you experience the acceleration, speed and fabulous performance of this wonderful German engineering, but on the German Autobahns (almost with immunity for high speed as long as you slow down when there are limits). Fastest so far has been 293kmph (183 mph) but my M5 has much more left...I will get it to the limit of 330kmph (205mph) or more yet! Problem is it makes me want to drive everywhere possible at any oppotunity and I am rackng up the kilometers!
Definitely works on my '07 BMW M560.

I have a fourth gen 60 gb iPod I leave connected permanently to the iPod connector in my Beemer. I have tried my iPhone several times (when I have taken my iPod out to sync it with my music library) and it work perfectly everytime. The display on the iPhone says "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" . This last for 15 seconds then times out. It has no effect on the iPhone perfomance playing music. You also do not have to switch the phone into airplane mode. You can still make and receive calls with music muting for incoming/outgoing calls. Works fine on my BMW, I just don't want to be taking my iPhone in and out og the glove compartment. So I leave my older iPod plugged in all the time (it has more capacity anyway) and I will get a console snap-in for iPhone as soon as possible.

Please see attached I downloaded from BMW USA detailing BMW - iPhone BlueTooth pairing and know limitations of connecting you iPhone in your BMW. I have used my phone extensively in last two months since I bought and I an not experiencing any of the issues that are being discussed on forums on this topic. Must be lucky I guess. I have just had to clean up and pair down my contacts list for numbers that I will want in the car and can reasonably access and read via iDrive or voice prompts (yes, these work to). Only problem I have encountered is call waiting switch between calls does not function via iPhone.
Attached Files