Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

2005 Bluetooth and Satellite obs.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally have my car back. 16 days at the dealer. So after 4 total days of ownership some obs...

After I couldn't get the 710 to pair (I returned it), I am trying the ATT/Cingular V505. Cost $200 after rebate..

1st - the coverage has been fine around here - no differences noted yet. 2nd - It works in every way with the car - phone book transfered, signal strength etc... The voice dial has worked perfectly with numbers and names. Quality is adequate. So it looks like I may be paying $175 to Verizon to cancel my contract - I am at the beginning of a 2 year plan. As an aside - it took some work to transfer the phonebook - I deleted the phone and re-added it and then it worked. As far as pairing - I never needed the bluetooth card nor did I follow the directions in a PDF from this board. Just went to the "discoverable menu" on I-drive and told my phone to search for a device.

On Sirius... There are no voice commands for it. I realize that I should be happy that I have Nav and Sat in I-drive but it needs a software update. If you say "options" while in entertainment - it gives FM, AM, and CD. I have said "satellite" and "sirius" until I was blue in the face. I also have dropouts about every 15 minutes (on average) - lots of trees in NC. Enough to be annoying but tolerable. Also the channel surfing is slow. I realize this is a satellite radio issue (not BMW) but I miss the FM quick channel change..

I have set off the alarm with the trunk button 3 or 4 times (including with the loaner). Does it make sense to have a button that 2 sec - open trunk and 3 sec - set off alarm?????

Overall very happy but realize that I am half way to a lemon based on time at the dealer in the first month.....
Old 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I don't know if this is relevant, but I just read a review of mobile phones in a laptop magazine on an airplane. It says in there that the Verizon V710 will not pair with anything and they had obviosuly problems with this phone.

So its not BMWs fault, but a problem with the phone that Verizon doen't tell us about.

Jochen
Old 11-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

I had the same problem with the remote trunk button. It turned out to be a "bad trunk latch activator" or so I was told. I still notice a lag between pushing of the button and opening of the trunk lid but I no longer set off the alarm or have to push the remote button ten times to open the trunk!
I am firmly convinced that some of the electronic glitches that seem to be built-in to this car are exactly that! Anybody with an IQ above an amoeba has to notice these problems let alone the R+D department of BMW. So, they get the customer involved in finding a fix here, a new function there and a forum such as this to cover it all! In other words, its done on purpose to keep the car exciting, the dealer busy and the owner waiting for that all important software/part upgrade as if it's Christmas.

[quote name='300TTto545' date='Nov 9 2004, 09:13 PM']
I finally have my car back. 16 days at the dealer. So after 4 total days of ownership some obs...

After I couldn't get the 710 to pair (I returned it), I am trying the ATT/Cingular V505. Cost $200 after rebate..

1st - the coverage has been fine around here - no differences noted yet. 2nd - It works in every way with the car - phone book transfered, signal strength etc... The voice dial has worked perfectly with numbers and names. Quality is adequate. So it looks like I may be paying $175 to Verizon to cancel my contract - I am at the beginning of a 2 year plan. As an aside - it took some work to transfer the phonebook - I deleted the phone and re-added it and then it worked. As far as pairing - I never needed the bluetooth card nor did I follow the directions in a PDF from this board. Just went to the "discoverable menu" on I-drive and told my phone to search for a device.

On Sirius... There are no voice commands for it. I realize that I should be happy that I have Nav and Sat in I-drive but it needs a software update. If you say "options" while in entertainment - it gives FM, AM, and CD. I have said "satellite" and "sirius" until I was blue in the face. I also have dropouts about every 15 minutes (on average) - lots of trees in NC. Enough to be annoying but tolerable. Also the channel surfing is slow. I realize this is a satellite radio issue (not BMW) but I miss the FM quick channel change..

I have set off the alarm with the trunk button 3 or 4 times (including with the loaner). Does it make sense to have a button that 2 sec - open trunk and 3 sec - set off alarm?????

Overall very happy but realize that I am half way to a lemon based on time at the dealer in the first month.....
[snapback]54343[/snapback]
[/quote