Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

16.2 fixes Blackberry 7100t bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this is old news. I just had my car returned from service to replace a faulty SMG control module. The service department installed software version 16.2 (with NAV perspective) in the process. Whereas before the bluetooth pairing resulted only in speakerphone capabilities with my Blackberry 7100t, I now have full functionality, including:

1. Can make and receive calls through the iDrive, including voice dialing.
2. Communications window displays "Blackberry" and signal strength reflects the phone signal, not BMW assist.
3. No more dropouts (at least so far).

My address book on the Blackberry has not transferred over yet, but it is very large so it may take some time??? I will keep yall posted. By the way, I do have the latest 4.0 Blackberry software intsalled on my 7100t - downloaded from the tMobile web site.

Awesome fix, I am really happy BMW addressed this issue
Old 04-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

Yoo Hoooooo

I am happy and surprised.

It paid off to hang to my blackberry.

Now I need to find how the address transfer takes place.

My probability of having an accident while trying to key in those small buttons has gone down.

Now I need to worry about bumping while selecting a song on my iPod....
Old 04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Old 04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

Originally Posted by sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:32 AM
Sorry if this is old news.? I just had my car returned from service to replace a faulty SMG control module.? The service department installed software version 16.2 (with NAV perspective) in the process.? Whereas before the bluetooth pairing resulted only in speakerphone capabilities with my Blackberry 7100t, I now have full functionality, including:

1.? Can make and receive calls through the iDrive, including voice dialing.
2.? Communications window displays "Blackberry" and signal strength reflects the phone signal, not BMW assist.
3.? No more dropouts (at least so far).

My address book on the Blackberry has not transferred over yet, but it is very large so it may take some time???? I will keep yall posted.? By the way, I do have the latest 4.0 Blackberry software intsalled on my 7100t - downloaded from the tMobile web site.

Awesome fix, I am really happy BMW addressed this issue?
[snapback]121427[/snapback]
WOW! You totally made my day, thanks!

"Old news"??....Not at all. I just posted a few days ago, only to be told that BB 7100t had limited or no compatibility.

I am picking up a 545i in Munich on Monday; I guess I got lucky with the timing.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Apr 28 2005, 08:24 PM
[quote name='sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:32 AM']Sorry if this is old news.? I just had my car returned from service to replace a faulty SMG control module.? The service department installed software version 16.2 (with NAV perspective) in the process.? Whereas before the bluetooth pairing resulted only in speakerphone capabilities with my Blackberry 7100t, I now have full functionality, including:

2.? Communications window displays "Blackberry" and signal strength reflects the phone signal, not BMW assist.

My address book on the Blackberry has not transferred over yet, but it is very large so it may take some time???? I will keep yall posted.? By the way, I do have the latest 4.0 Blackberry software intsalled on my 7100t - downloaded from the tMobile web site.

"Old news"??....Not at all. I just posted a few days ago, only to be told that BB 7100t had limited or no compatibility.

I am picking up a 545i in Munich on Monday; I guess I got lucky with the timing.
[snapback]121670[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good luck with the ED, it was a blast for me a few months ago

The new functionality is a great improvement over previous software versions. However, as of yet I have not been able to transfer the phone book over - this may not ever be enabled by RIM. Everything else works fine though. Enjoy
Old 04-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

Originally Posted by sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM
[quote name='fishskis' date='Apr 28 2005, 08:24 PM'][quote name='sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:32 AM']Sorry if this is old news.? I just had my car returned from service to replace a faulty SMG control module.? The service department installed software version 16.2 (with NAV perspective) in the process.? Whereas before the bluetooth pairing resulted only in speakerphone capabilities with my Blackberry 7100t, I now have full functionality, including:

[/quote]

The new functionality is a great improvement over previous software versions. However, as of yet I have not been able to transfer the phone book over - this may not ever be enabled by RIM. Everything else works fine though. Enjoy
[snapback]121677[/snapback]
[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but I have never seen bluetooth or voice dialing in action in the BMW (or anywhere else for that matter); but how can you voice dial if you cannot transfer your phone book over? Do you mean that you just say the number and the car dials it? And if this is the case, you just bring up the number on your blackberry handset, then speak it into the car?....Or do you just find a name in your BB handset, then choose the number, then press send, and it automatically goes through the car?

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fishskis' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:15 PM
[quote name='sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM'][quote name='fishskis' date='Apr 28 2005, 08:24 PM'][quote name='sapaman' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:32 AM']Sorry if this is old news.? I just had my car returned from service to replace a faulty SMG control module.? The service department installed software version 16.2 (with NAV perspective) in the process.? Whereas before the bluetooth pairing resulted only in speakerphone capabilities with my Blackberry 7100t, I now have full functionality, including:

[/quote]

[snapback]121677[/snapback]
[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but I have never seen bluetooth or voice dialing in action in the BMW (or anywhere else for that matter); but how can you voice dial if you cannot transfer your phone book over? Do you mean that you just say the number and the car dials it? And if this is the case, you just bring up the number on your blackberry handset, then speak it into the car?....Or do you just find a name in your BB handset, then choose the number, then press send, and it automatically goes through the car?

Thanks for the help.
[snapback]121690[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Dial Number" and then state the number. You can also still dial from the handset. Although the phonebook doesn't seem to transfer, iDrive does remember previous dialed and received calls so you can pull these up and dial that way too.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 530i Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, alpine 500amp pushing 12" alpine sub in the trunk, MTech pedals, 30% tint.

Just in time. Was going to buy a new phone tomorrow to replace the BB. Instead I'm heading to the dealer to upgrade. Thanks for the huge news for all us BB users. I just hope RIM will upgrade with BMW so the address book will work.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Members

Phone book transfer is the only glitch....

Please post if anybody figures it out.
Is there a way to input numbers. Can I use another phone to do that?

We seem to be discovering next threshold of inconvinence...