Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

'05 ED car without bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hey all, I've been lurking around here for a while now. Did ED in October and picked up my '05 545i this evening. One of the first things I was looking forward to doing was pairing up my T630 with the car. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get bluetooth activated ... I've looked in the communication options, and there only appears to be a selection for service and profile (which has a checkmark for roaming). When I go to the main communications screen under phone it just says 'Contact your BMW dealer.' Could the VPC have forgotten to switch out my Assist module? Is there something that needs to be done in the software by the dealer?

My SA is a great guy, but he only thought that the phone kit would enable bluetooth. There wasn't anyone else that knows about the bluetooth option for 05s. I know it's a 2005, but for some reason it doesn't appear to be all 'here'. Could the fact that it was a European Delivery have something to do with it? Another snag I have is that the dealer I bought from is over 100 miles from where I live, so I'll have to go to one of the dealerships closer to me. Since bluetooth is supposed to be standard, does anyone think I'll have issues trying to get a different dealer to fix the issue (for free)?

At least my euro license plates came in the car (actually, one of the prep people 'accidentally' put them on their desk, but my SA retrieved them) .

Thanks,

- Chris

P.S. Now I can actually contribute to the forum since I've got my car
Old 11-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

Hi HurstTX
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new E60.
Sorry to hear about the BT
Old 11-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Yeah ... you're cars software is probably not 13.3 or greater which enables bluetooth since you did the ED back in October. You'd need go to in for a software update.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i - titanium silver - sport package - premium package - bi-xeon -

i have an MY 05.... and under my communications tab it has a phone option that reads, i think, "please activate phone" ....i gotta test it out one day w/ my sisters phone
Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Members

Try this to access Bluetooth.
1. At the main menu push down on the iDrive puck
2. Select Communication Settings
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select Phone
This will put Bluetooth in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode turn your other device (cell phone) in discovery or broadcast mode. The other device (cell phone) should prompt for a code. Pick a code and enter it. After the car will ask for a code. Enter the same code. If all stars are aligned the two will pair and produce a mini iPod. Just kidding. If they pair you should be able to use the phone via the car.

I have been playing with Bluetooth trying to get it to pair with
Old 11-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by ken o' date='Nov 30 2004, 09:38 PM
Try this to access Bluetooth.
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select Phone
This will put Bluetooth in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode turn your other device (cell phone) in discovery or broadcast mode. The other device (cell phone) should prompt for a code. Pick a code and enter it. After the car will ask for a code. Enter the same code. If all stars are aligned the two will pair and produce a mini iPod. Just kidding. If they pair you should be able to use the phone via the car.

[snapback]62761[/snapback]
If when following the instructions above you do NOT see the Bluetooth option, then you need the V13.3 or higher SW update. That would really surprise me as despite your ED, they get each car to the latest Software version at VPC. Hence the delays.

If you see the option then follow the instructions in the attachment below. Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
ACTIVATING_BLUETOOTH_E60.doc (29.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 12-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Senior Members

congrats, hursttx ! please post some pics of your new babe .
Old 12-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:17 AM
[quote name='ken o' date='Nov 30 2004, 09:38 PM']Try this to access Bluetooth.
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select Phone

[snapback]62761[/snapback]
If when following the instructions above you do NOT see the Bluetooth option, then you need the V13.3 or higher SW update. That would really surprise me as despite your ED, they get each car to the latest Software version at VPC. Hence the delays.

If you see the option then follow the instructions in the attachment below. Good Luck!
[snapback]62790[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's the part that doesn't seem to be there. Under communication settings, I only have options for service and profile. No bluetooth anywhere :/. One other thing I noticed was that I have the black inserts. People have been mentioning that 2005 MY cars are getting inserts painted the same color as the car. The car seemed to get through the VPC really fast. Wonder if it somehow got fast tracked without any updates. I asked my dealer if he could get a status report of what they did at the VPC, but he said he didn't think so. Anyone know of the actual name of these status reports? I'd be very interested to see if I somehow got skipped for some reason and didn't have any updates to the car while it was in NJ.

Travel dates for the car:

10/15 - Pickup in Munich
10/21 - Dropoff in Amsterdam
11/01 - Shipped out from Brugge
11/11 - Delivered to NYC
11/19 - Released from VPC
11/29 - Delivered to Dealership in TX

Seems like more people have had their cars in the VPC more than 8 days (and that isn't counting however long it took to get through customs...).
Old 12-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Members

I have the color inserts and wood trim on the backseat controls. My car was at VPC for 4 - 5 days.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Members

I justt picked up my car Tuesday and I dont see the bluetooth option. How can I check to see what software I have?

How llong will the dealer take to upgrade the software, can I wait while its done?

Quick Reply: '05 ED car without bluetooth?