Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

'05 ED car without bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by HurstTX' date='Dec 1 2004, 05:06 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:17 AM'][quote name='ken o' date='Nov 30 2004, 09:38 PM']Try this to access Bluetooth.
1. At the main menu push down on the iDrive puck
2. Select Communication Settings
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select Phone
This will put Bluetooth in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode turn your other device (cell phone) in discovery or broadcast mode. The other device (cell phone) should prompt for a code. Pick a code and enter it. After the car will ask for a code. Enter the same code. If all stars are aligned the two will pair and produce a mini iPod. Just kidding. If they pair you should be able to use the phone via the car.

I have been playing with Bluetooth trying to get it to pair with
[snapback]62761[/snapback]
If when following the instructions above you do NOT see the Bluetooth option, then you need the V13.3 or higher SW update. That would really surprise me as despite your ED, they get each car to the latest Software version at VPC. Hence the delays.

If you see the option then follow the instructions in the attachment below. Good Luck!
[snapback]62790[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's the part that doesn't seem to be there. Under communication settings, I only have options for service and profile. No bluetooth anywhere :/. One other thing I noticed was that I have the black inserts. People have been mentioning that 2005 MY cars are getting inserts painted the same color as the car. The car seemed to get through the VPC really fast. Wonder if it somehow got fast tracked without any updates. I asked my dealer if he could get a status report of what they did at the VPC, but he said he didn't think so. Anyone know of the actual name of these status reports? I'd be very interested to see if I somehow got skipped for some reason and didn't have any updates to the car while it was in NJ.

Travel dates for the car:

10/15 - Pickup in Munich
10/21 - Dropoff in Amsterdam
11/01 - Shipped out from Brugge
11/11 - Delivered to NYC
11/19 - Released from VPC
11/29 - Delivered to Dealership in TX

Seems like more people have had their cars in the VPC more than 8 days (and that isn't counting however long it took to get through customs...).
[snapback]62878[/snapback]
[/quote]

They wouldn't fit the inserts or any trim at VPC. But I think your dealer owes you a SW upgrade to 13.3 and whatever else it takes to get your Bluetooth working
Old 12-05-2004, 06:27 PM

That's the part that doesn't seem to be there.? Under communication settings, I only have options for service and profile.
Check again. It took me MANY tries before I finally figured that one out.

When you enter the communications settings section, you are not at the "top level." When you are looking at the "service" and "profile" options, move the iDrive controller UP. (might have to to this twice). You want to get to the top line on the display. When there, scroll to other sections of the "Communications settings" - one will be Bluetooth.

--Joe
Old 12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 5 2004, 09:27 PM
That's the part that doesn't seem to be there.? Under communication settings, I only have options for service and profile.

When you enter the communications settings section, you are not at the "top level." When you are looking at the "service" and "profile" options, move the iDrive controller UP. (might have to to this twice). You want to get to the top line on the display. When there, scroll to other sections of the "Communications settings" - one will be Bluetooth.

--Joe
[snapback]65289[/snapback]

Nope, not there . Someone who did an ED for a 2005 6 series has the same problem it seems... Question: If the Nav person says 'Take the next road on the left' instead of the statement with the blanks, does that mean I have the version that has Bluetooth? If so, then it could be that the hardware wasn't installed instead of just a simple software upgrade.

Besides that, the car is better than I remember it in Europe!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by HurstTX' date='Dec 5 2004, 08:40 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Dec 5 2004, 09:27 PM']

--Joe
[snapback]65289[/snapback]

Nope, not there . Someone who did an ED for a 2005 6 series has the same problem it seems... Question: If the Nav person says 'Take the next road on the left' instead of the statement with the blanks, does that mean I have the version that has Bluetooth? If so, then it could be that the hardware wasn't installed instead of just a simple software upgrade.

Besides that, the car is better than I remember it in Europe!
[snapback]65300[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just drove a fellow members MY05 E60. He picked it up yesterday. He also did ED. The BT was not there. I guess you need a software update.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Members

I did my ED two weeks ago, and dropped off my car in Munich on Nov. 26th. When I got my car, I noticed the BT function was not available, and the people at ED center told the BT function will be turn on in the U.S along with the BMW assist feature. All I had under communction was "contact you BMW dealer"

I actually went to a dealership in Munich, and asked them about the BT, and they showed me a 530 at dealership had the BT function, and I was able to pair with my sony ericcsion T68i.

It seems like none of the people that just got their cars last week, Beewang and Maxtimeoff from Bimmerfest, had the BT function working.

Now I am start getting worried about my car. My car was built in mid-October, and had the correct Navi. voice direction and painted insert in the rear bummper.

Please keep us posted if you are able to fix this issue.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

There is nuthing to worry about, my guess is that they may have disable the BT function in Europe and uploaded a version of the sofware w/ the BT disabled. I made an appointment to take my car in for service. It is not a big deal.

Don't freak out, its just an sofware update (and there will be many more)

cheers,

beewang
Old 12-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Great!

I'll just call my dealer to have it enabled before they redeliver the car to me.

wheeew.,... I almost freaked out when Beewang told me that BT was unavailable this past weekend.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, dazhuzhu !
Old 12-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, dazhuzhu !
Old 12-07-2004, 12:01 AM
HAJ
Members

I have a US spec car delivered with ED but it was shipped to me directly in Philippines, apparently the dealer has some cost advantage - MY 2005 built 09/2004 5.25. I have been in touch with my dealer as I was having similar problems i.e. there was no bluetooth option. I wrote to BMW AG but no reply, called the customer service no response. I have been in touch with BMW Asia and was advised that they need to install a retrofit kit a simple software update will not work. BMW folks tell me retrofit is the only way to get BT working and this was further confirmed to me by BMW President here. Though they keep insisting that if I was to take my car to US bluetooth will be automatically activated. My argument with these guys have been how would it be activiated if the option does not even appear on the i drive. Now that they have installed retrofit with an updated software version they still cant get BT activated apparently some control unit part needs to be replaced. Local dealer and BMW is constantly in touch with BMW AG and were advised for a retrofit by BMW AG service team

Though they have agreed to share the cost of retrofit 50/50 given that I was confirmed that the car has BT functionality.

Got my car early november and its already been to the dealer twice for 2-3 days each time and scheduled to go again on friday as they are expecting the control unit part to arrive on friday morning.

Unfortunately I feel lot of dealers are not fully aware of BT installation and activation and its extremely frustrating to deal with these guys. I have lost my patience on several occassions. I now even regret asking them for retrofit given that every time its something new which needs to be updated. First the software was corrupted and then control unit part was missing.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything from your dealer which is different to what I have been told.

Quick Reply: '05 ED car without bluetooth?