6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Warranty almost up, some problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The warranty on my '04 645ci is about to end, so I want to bring it to the dealership to check everything before it expires. Is there anything in particular I should tell them to check out? My check engine light comes on sometimes, but when it was there before it wouldn't go on for them, so they didn't do anything. Also, the brake pedal feels soft and I have to be careful not to press it too hard (ever since I bought it). Especially compared to a Mercedes which the pedal feels really hard and sturdy. Is this a normal characteristic of older models or should I have something checked out?

One more thing, the AC in my car doesn't get cold, even if I turn the automatic all the way down to 60 or whatever, unless I put it on max. This only happened after the dealership took it on a "joy ride" to check out the suspension. It seems like the temperature sensor is broken maybe? This happen to anyone else?

This is my first car so I don't really know much about micro filters or anything. Do they need to be replaced regularly?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Thought I'd add, not sure if I want to purchase an extended warranty, people have told me they aren't a good idea unless the car has major problems.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't get the extended warranty unless you drive over 30K miles a year..

i'd mention all these things again to the dealer.. have them check again and have them agree to fixing it for free if those things come up in the future.

break should be stiff and sturdy haha that sounds so dirty.. AND it rhymes!!