6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Lucky645ci and Sleek slam the 6 part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='764840' date='Jan 11 2009, 01:05 AM
need spacers!

+2
Old 01-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Looks great. Now it just needs some tint!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Right now, in those pics, the car has not been aligned yet. The back has alot of negative camber. Once the camber gets adjusted, we can determine how thick of a spacer to go with.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='765371' date='Jan 11 2009, 07:08 PM
Right now, in those pics, the car has not been aligned yet. The back has alot of negative camber. Once the camber gets adjusted, we can determine how thick of a spacer to go with.

Sam I got my KW coilovers in today but something is very wrong. I get a clanking sound when I hit bumps at low low speed just testing it. I think I might need spacers in the front for the stock wheels. It seems like the rim might be rubbing the spring or perch. There is little to no room. I'm so pissed right now. I knew that I needed them for my 22s but not for my stock rims. Now I have to wait but I haven't heard anything from ModBargains.com about my order for the 10mm spacers. I can't drive my car now.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NWS Alpine' post='765431' date='Jan 11 2009, 06:03 PM
Sam I got my KW coilovers in today but something is very wrong. I get a clanking sound when I hit bumps at low low speed just testing it. I think I might need spacers in the front for the stock wheels. It seems like the rim might be rubbing the spring or perch. There is little to no room. I'm so pissed right now. I knew that I needed them for my 22s but not for my stock rims. Now I have to wait but I haven't heard anything from ModBargains.com about my order for the 10mm spacers. I can't drive my car now.

If the tire is hitting the spring pearch, try to raise up the perch until it does not hit the tire/wheel anymore. If there is no way of making the perch clear the wheel or tire, you need spacers. Also, see if there is any tire contact marks on the actual coil spring. Depending on the shape of the coil spring, you may be able to turn the coil to give the tire some more clearance.

If its making a large clanking sound, check to see that you tightened the bolt on top of the struts all the way. If the KW's use your original upper spring perches, make sure the end of the spring is sitting on the perches properly.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 650i

btw Sam, from my experience with the coilovers, I can hear minor bumpy sounds when the coilovers are cold and I didnt drive the car for the while, specially when just out of the garage. usually it disappears after the shocks warm up.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Oooo that would annoy the crap out of me... You pay so much for coilovers and they sound like that!... no thanks, my other car on airbags, sounds like that, its DAMN annoying lol
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stratus650' post='765649' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:37 AM
btw Sam, from my experience with the coilovers, I can hear minor bumpy sounds when the coilovers are cold and I didnt drive the car for the while, specially when just out of the garage. usually it disappears after the shocks warm up.
Ive never ran into that problem before. I would think, just to make sure the spring is seated properly and that all the proper rubber pads and bushings are in the proper places. Sorry I couldnt really help you on this one.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 650i

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='766116' date='Jan 13 2009, 03:18 AM
Ive never ran into that problem before. I would think, just to make sure the spring is seated properly and that all the proper rubber pads and bushings are in the proper places. Sorry I couldnt really help you on this one.
Coilovers were checked more than twice, it's just the way they are designed, coz mine are progressive springs (2 different springs on top of each other) to improve comfort while maintaining stiffness when necessary... have a l@@k...
Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Stratus650' post='768409' date='Jan 15 2009, 02:56 AM
Coilovers were checked more than twice, it's just the way they are designed, coz mine are progressive springs (2 different springs on top of each other) to improve comfort while maintaining stiffness when necessary... have a l@@k...
Those look exactly like my KW setup just the only difference is mine are purple where yours are blue. I wonder if KW makes them for hamann. Those smaller springs are what they call helper springs. They are fully compressed when on the car. They don't change the spring rates much if any. They really are only there for when you have the car slammed realy low they keep the main spring seated in the top perch. Some people remove them if they aren't dropping the suspension really low so they can move the perch up higher and get more clearance for wider tires.

Those spring only hold about 80-100lbs load and you can compress them by hand.

Quick Reply: Lucky645ci and Sleek slam the 6 part 2.