6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Considering a 6, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Good idee about changing from a 530 to a 6-series. I've had my 650 for like 3 weeks now and I love it! What a car!
What also came along with the start/stop button was a new I-drive knob as well as the new key.

Good luck!
Keep us updated
Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

love the car, especially good in black.
off topic,
i see you have a block paved drive! brindle mix,how long has it been layed? it looks as though you have a few moss wed taking hold of the joints.
my 2 cents ,now is the time to preserve the colour and finish ,banish weed growth andprevent stains.keeps out ants.you need to treat with a sealant.
its called RESIBLOC SUPERIOR.
pressure wash drive resand and apply 2 coats after all is dried out and within 24hours of each other in opposing directions.
you will never regret it!!! it seals the sand joints and seals bricks against stains and water penetration.oil spills wash off etc.
search for supplier.as used in high pressure areas.sadly best used on new installations but most pavours dont do it because of intial cost.

no connection with company myself just a user .i applied to my drive 8years ago and its as new no weeds etc.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i Sport, Carbon Black, Grey Leather, Maple Wood, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth, CD Changer, Sun Roof, M Spolier and Logic 7 Prof Hifi

Originally Posted by radioham' post='531527' date='Feb 14 2008, 04:32 PM
love the car, especially good in black.
off topic,
i see you have a block paved drive! brindle mix,how long has it been layed? it looks as though you have a few moss wed taking hold of the joints.
my 2 cents ,now is the time to preserve the colour and finish ,banish weed growth andprevent stains.keeps out ants.you need to treat with a sealant.
its called RESIBLOC SUPERIOR.
pressure wash drive resand and apply 2 coats after all is dried out and within 24hours of each other in opposing directions.
you will never regret it!!! it seals the sand joints and seals bricks against stains and water penetration.oil spills wash off etc.
search for supplier.as used in high pressure areas.sadly best used on new installations but most pavours dont do it because of intial cost.

no connection with company myself just a user .i applied to my drive 8years ago and its as new no weeds etc.

Cheers for advice.....might have to try and get some.....the weeds are a pan the a....!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Man, go for it. The best car I've ever owned. And in its catagory its even very practical with a prety large booth.

So far no set backs, just the regular, routine maintenance.

Love every option, but especially: Automatic transmission, Dynamic drive, L7 and the sport seats.

My car is Stratos metalic, this colour has a blue-ish gray or brown-ish gray shine depending on the angle of the sun. I love this colour (especially because it is not very sensible to dirt). I also love black, but black (as my previous car was) is not a colour, it's a hobby!

I have black individual leather.
Attached Thumbnails Considering a 6, need advice-dsc_2745_2.jpg   Considering a 6, need advice-dsc_1378.jpg   Considering a 6, need advice-dsc_1379.jpg   Considering a 6, need advice-dsc_1380.jpg