E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by nelson29
Will do.
And to think, you stated that there is little interest in this retrofit... seems like a lot of interest to me

Have you started the install yet?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
And to think, you stated that there is little interest in this retrofit... seems like a lot of interest to me

Have you started the install yet?
I will be installing it tomorrow, the install takes about 20 minutes. Wish me luck on the coding. I still think theres little interest due to the cost. Hopefully if everything goes accordingly they will be more people willing to do it. Like Technic told me earlier, its gonna be a nice upgrade from me because im upgrading from a non-navi idrive.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

G/l Nelson!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skeeter
G/l Nelson!
Thanks Skeet!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i M Sport pkg
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N54

Good luck with the coding.. Holding my breath for you!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey Nelson / Darren, I know we are chatting about the same mod in another thread however I wanted to tag this thread also. As the other guys are saying, if possible take lots of pics. With ordering and shipping logistics I'm probably about 4 weeks away from getting this done on my 2007 E60, but reference information you continue to provide is invaluable!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Well, I just finish with the installation of the CIC and coding . Im super tired. Everything works GREAT!!! The coding session with Patryk was awesome. Got good and bad news, the bad news is for me since i was the first one to do the retrofit. Let just say the retrofit just got cheaper for everybody thats thinking about doing it.

Had a couple of issues with the installation.
1. To install the new idrive controller it requires to remove the whole armrest and do some cutting that i did not want to do.
2. To install the new center trim it requires a new shifter trim.
3. AC console is a bit smaller, will have to upgrade to a lci one, but its ok for now.

The good news is that the the current idrive controller works great with the CIC. In another words its not worth changing the trim just to be able to use the new controller. The only thing that the new idrive controller has on the old one is source presets built in to the new controller but you are able to program the shortcuts in the 1-8 presets. Everything else works the same.

If you have a CCC system(pre-lci) the only parts you have to get is the CIC trim and optional AC console(used). You can use everything else. No need to change to trim, no need to relocate the ashtray. Thats about $500 -$600 in savings.

LCI owners only need to change CIC trim, thats it.

Kinda pissed that im now stuck with quite a few parts that was not needed. Hopefully i can work out something with Garry to return them, i know i might get killed with the restocking fee.

I was also happy to find out that my Dension 500 works perfect

The Navigation FSC code was succesfully loaded. Navigation WORKS!!!! The only issue which was a miscommunication between me and Patryk because he thought i had a USA CIC but i had an European CIC, so i need the US map which he will send me via FTB on Monday. Its a 15gb download.

Will post pics later tonight
The following users liked this post:
Tunisian 5er (10-01-2019)
Old 06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Nicely done hopefully pictures can come up soon. So you did the LCI conversion and you also added navi? You spent like 2500-3000 then?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Congrats Nelson!! Awesome news that everything went well. Now I'm even more motivated to get mine done. I think I owe you at least a case of beer for being the first one to do this on a pre-LCI. My plans just changed also. Forget about changing the shifter trim etc if our old iDrive Controller works fine. I will leave everything the way it is in my car. I'll get the CIC panel only along with the AC panel once you show what the difference is with the two.

I'm stoked you got it working. Congrats again.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 535i M Sport pkg
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N54

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I would like to use the newer idrive controller if I did this mod, I just think it looks cooler.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG