5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/vendor-classifieds-36/)
-   -   Predator ICE V2.1 Update (https://5series.net/forums/vendor-classifieds-36/predator-ice-v2-1-update-43148/)

umnitza 08-03-2007 04:02 PM

The new units arrived today.
1 was a full RGB version - full color shifting real time - perfect for night shows, gatherings, and for fun - since it's easy to plug and play, we're going to do a special on the regular kit and couple it with the RGB kit for fun.

I did the video today and will post it shortly.

The newest version is still not to my liking but certainly a lot brighter than V2 - this was accomplished by using a larger (XXXX) can't say exactly. I'm going to ask for an increase of another 30-40% and see if that gives me finally what I'm looking for.

Those that have older versions, we will have a trade in problem based on a few factors that we will disclose soon - no upgrade will cost you more than $50 but some of you might be entitled to a free upgrade <-- yes, FREE.

For example, if you purchased V1 for $99, well, your upgrade will cost you $50, if you purchased V2 very recently, and never installed it, then you would only be responsible for shipping to us, and we'll handle the rest:)

But don't email us yet, we're still testing it all out.

Video will be up shortly.

B1N 08-03-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455065' date='Aug 3 2007, 07:02 PM
The new units arrived today.
1 was a full RGB version - full color shifting real time - perfect for night shows, gatherings, and for fun - since it's easy to plug and play, we're going to do a special on the regular kit and couple it with the RGB kit for fun.

I did the video today and will post it shortly.

The newest version is still not to my liking but certainly a lot brighter than V2 - this was accomplished by using a larger (XXXX) can't say exactly. I'm going to ask for an increase of another 30-40% and see if that gives me finally what I'm looking for.

Those that have older versions, we will have a trade in problem based on a few factors that we will disclose soon - no upgrade will cost you more than $50 but some of you might be entitled to a free upgrade <-- yes, FREE.

For example, if you purchased V1 for $99, well, your upgrade will cost you $50, if you purchased V2 very recently, and never installed it, then you would only be responsible for shipping to us, and we'll handle the rest:)

But don't email us yet, we're still testing it all out.

Video will be up shortly.

v2.1? Im a bit confused, so right now you have units that are brighter than v2 that you are going to release? are those the v2.1?

or are you going to wait till you get your satisfed results and release those as v2.1? or are those the v3?

also, what about the v2 owners who bought them during the group buy last month. Ive installed mine on my car for only 2 weeks now do i get free uprgrade too?

thanks

umnitza 08-04-2007 11:13 AM

V2.1 arrived today.

It was tested, it's brighter. NOt to my liking. Stay tuned.

B1N 08-07-2007 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455284' date='Aug 4 2007, 02:13 PM
V2.1 arrived today.

It was tested, it's brighter. NOt to my liking. Stay tuned.

updates? why are you calling it v2.1 instead of v3?

umnitza 08-08-2007 07:10 AM

It's not a wholesale change, just a minor tweak that will yield really good results.

B1N 08-08-2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='456554' date='Aug 8 2007, 10:10 AM
It's not a wholesale change, just a minor tweak that will yield really good results.

i see, will it be brighter than angelbright v3?... should ICE v2 owners swap in for the 2.1 or just wait for your v3?

umnitza 08-09-2007 08:04 AM

I can't predict the final output or the swap - if we will have a price (pre-V2) upgraders, etc. still working out all the details.

andy545 08-21-2007 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455065 (Post 456554)

Where are we on this Umnitza ? ice v2 sitting in the garage collecting dust... :ermm:

umnitza 08-22-2007 02:43 PM

I've been on vacation for a bit.
The new units are being built, we're still selling quite a few of the V2 units that we still had in stock, 20 this week, so we've been a bit behind on the update, it will be here shortly.

umnitza 08-28-2007 10:37 AM

Ok, guys, I've got some developments that will positively knock you on your butts again.

I'm not going to divulge them, but let's just say, we now know exactly why our product did not "appear" brighter in a test on the E60 by coolguy. But I will divulge the following:

1) LCI is coming tomorrow for testing - final testing for the E60s.
2) We had a customer come by with the V3 from the "competitor" and the claim of 3X is accurate - except that it uses a 3W bulb LED now and not the 5W in our Predator ICE V2.
3) We have a simple, easy to upgrade plan for V2 Predator ICE that will take FULL advantage of our superior light output and have finally discovered why on some cars (e60) the superior light output of the V2 is not being fully utilized.

It tuns out there is some tomfoolery going on out there that you guys will need to know about. So, don't buy ANYTHING yet until you hear the results we have.

As a sneak peak, I'm going to post an image, and I'm going to let you speculate on this image which product you see on there:
https://www.umnitza.com/albums/preda...ared.sized.jpg

andy545 08-28-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='463398' date='Aug 28 2007, 08:37 PM
As a sneak peak, I'm going to post an image, and I'm going to let you speculate on this image which product you see on there:
https://www.umnitza.com/albums/preda...ared.sized.jpg

that's easy, ICE v2.1 (I hope :) )

...can we return the V2 U ? I'm going on holidays in a week and I wanna get this sorted out and ship the v2 back to you before I go ...please advise asap !!! :thumbsup:

umnitza 08-28-2007 11:35 AM

Well, you got one of them right. And we're probably not going to need you to send anything back to get more output either:)

It's good to see that the competition is fueling upgrades for your products, I really enjoy this:)

KnIgHtCoM 08-28-2007 11:48 AM

Chromiums? That would sick if it is. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the results on the E60 umnitza. Where's rj @ to flame up this post? Bwuhahaha. :rolleyes:

coolguy 08-29-2007 06:31 AM

lol! yah where is he lately...

umnitza 08-29-2007 07:49 AM

It's amazing what a little tweak and a little nip did to our product yesterday.

BTW - that picture posted is of our 3W original P-ICE after it was tweaked and another product - and I'll let you guess which one.

So suffice it to say the 5W is brighter already and with the little tweak?;) Who knows...

C's Bimmer 08-29-2007 08:12 AM

Hey Umnitza - I was at the CCH dinner last month for an E60 meet and a guy with an E46 came with his ICE angel eyes. They were insanely bright! How come you can't get the E60 angel eyes to be this bright? You would sell these things like hot cakes if you could get them as bright as your model for the E46.

Sorry if this has been discussed before...

Hamann5 08-29-2007 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='463432' date='Aug 28 2007, 03:48 PM
Chromiums? That would sick if it is. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the results on the E60 umnitza. Where's rj @ to flame up this post? Bwuhahaha. :rolleyes:

I doubt that will ever happen.. installing the rings on the E60 is as very messy installation.. I sacrifised my headlights for "lightwurkz" (umnitza) to test out the first ever possible angel eye upgrades to be avaliable.. as a result I needed to buy two new headlight housings as what was the "remainder" of my headlight housings were pretty much just glue lol..however as you can see in the pic the angel eyes they did have working in my lights prob out beat any of umnitza's or the "competitors" current products for the E60.. but keep in mind those rings were from umnitza

interested to see final product umnitza..

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b...DSC02346-1.jpg

umnitza 08-29-2007 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='463820' date='Aug 29 2007, 10:26 AM
I doubt that will ever happen.. installing the rings on the E60 is as very messy installation.. I sacrifised my headlights for "lightwurkz" (umnitza) to test out the first ever possible angel eye upgrades to be avaliable.. as a result I needed to buy two new headlight housings as what was the "remainder" of my headlight housings were pretty much just glue lol..however as you can see in the pic the angel eyes they did have working in my lights prob out beat any of umnitza's or the "competitors" current products for the E60.. but keep in mind those rings were from umnitza

interested to see final product umnitza..

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b...DSC02346-1.jpg

Lightwurkz is not Umnitza. He buys his rings from us. Nothing more. Nothing less.

However, his install, which he showed to us, was of our product, which is why they are very bright. They are as bright as our Predator chromium angel eyes. Which is exactly what Cmansbimmer saw yesterday.

Our Predator Chromium for the other models is unmatched in output. But we are going to have it close with just a minor tweak of our existing product.

B1N 08-29-2007 12:44 PM

so we arent sending the v2's back to you? we are going to do the tweaking ourselves? uhhh

coolguy 08-29-2007 12:52 PM

:)

coolguy 08-29-2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by B1N' post='463916' date='Aug 29 2007, 04:44 PM
so we arent sending the v2's back to you? we are going to do the tweaking ourselves? uhhh

You not skilleD? chicken? :P

Hamann5 08-29-2007 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='463890' date='Aug 29 2007, 03:37 PM
Lightwurkz is not Umnitza. He buys his rings from us. Nothing more. Nothing less.

However, his install, which he showed to us, was of our product, which is why they are very bright. They are as bright as our Predator chromium angel eyes. Which is exactly what Cmansbimmer saw yesterday.

Our Predator Chromium for the other models is unmatched in output. But we are going to have it close with just a minor tweak of our existing product.

Yes I know Lightwurkz is not umnitza.. However correct me if im wrong but wasn't his install in collaboration with your first product ideas for the E60. Meaning after he had did my install you had decided that this was obviously way to hard of an installation thus the creation of the plug and play product.

I'm in no way claiming Umnitza was the installer of the project, all I am stating is that your product rings were used and in collaboration with Lightwurkz "testing" thus your product development of the plug and play version.. Also I highly doubt that any versions of the Predator ICE or any "competition" will have the same brightness as your Chromium, meaning your Chromiums are a great product which cannot be beaten. However I feel it also can't be beaten by your ICE product the reasons due to the E60's angel eyes using the fiber optic rings, your Chomiums are the rings themselves thus why its brightness IMHO will not be beaten. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you?re close to it now with the new ICE versions but I just don't think it can be beat, and this is no fault of your own, like I stated it?s due to the fiber optic rings used by the E60.

BTW I am not trying to bash your product I'm not sure if you remember but since the begining I've supported Umnitza when the "competiton" had developed a product. And I am still standing by your product, in hopes that it will be brighter then the competition as you claim. I'm mearly stating your other product is one that cannont be beaten however thats due to the cars fault not your product.

B1N 08-29-2007 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='463922' date='Aug 29 2007, 03:52 PM
You not skilleD? chicken? :P

LOL trust me i dont trust myself with any DIY haha

umnitza 08-29-2007 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by B1N' post='463916' date='Aug 29 2007, 01:44 PM

Take a quick look:) The top unscrews, that's all I can say about that;)

umnitza 08-29-2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='463928' date='Aug 29 2007, 02:01 PM
Yes I know Lightwurkz is not umnitza.. However correct me if im wrong but wasn't his install in collaboration with your first product ideas for the E60. Meaning after he had did my install you had decided that this was obviously way to hard of an installation thus the creation of the plug and play product.

I'm in no way claiming Umnitza was the installer of the project, all I am stating is that your product rings were used and in collaboration with Lightwurkz "testing" thus your product development of the plug and play version.. Also I highly doubt that any versions of the Predator ICE or any "competition" will have the same brightness as your Chromium, meaning your Chromiums are a great product which cannot be beaten. However I feel it also can't be beaten by your ICE product the reasons due to the E60's angel eyes using the fiber optic rings, your Chomiums are the rings themselves thus why its brightness IMHO will not be beaten. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you?re close to it now with the new ICE versions but I just don't think it can be beat, and this is no fault of your own, like I stated it?s due to the fiber optic rings used by the E60.

A brought the lights to us. He asked me to make rings for him. I did. I wasn't really in collaboration with him, except to offer him advice on how it could be done:)
Anyways, it's beating a dead horse, what's done is done.

the PNP V2 ICE will be pretty cool in a very very short time frame.

andy545 08-30-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='463930' date='Aug 29 2007, 11:06 PM
Take a quick look:) The top unscrews, that's all I can say about that;)

what's the story about doing the tweaking ourselves... :unsure: :doh:
are we sending these ones back or not ? If not, then when are you providing us with some information about this "tweak". Does this not affect our warranty ?

Appreciate your feedback please U, as I would REALLY like to get this sorted and install them at long last. :thumbsup:

ps. ...did you get my pm ? :think:

umnitza 08-30-2007 11:31 AM

No pm received yet.

Good news is the "tweak" details will be listed soon and let's just say if you can unscrew a light bulb, this is going to be even easier than that:)

andy545 08-30-2007 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='464265' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:31 PM
No pm received yet.

Good news is the "tweak" details will be listed soon and let's just say if you can unscrew a light bulb, this is going to be even easier than that:)

Don't tell me we're gonna have to change this by ourselves ? :cry:

Attachment 36967

umnitza 08-30-2007 01:44 PM

Like I said, if you can change a lightbulb, what we'll be asking you to change will be easy, no soldering.

andy545 08-31-2007 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='464314' date='Aug 30 2007, 11:44 PM
Like I said, if you can change a lightbulb, what we'll be asking you to change will be easy, no soldering.

No prob U, J/K !! :thumbsup: - I wouldn't mind doing soldering even if it were required - all I want is to put the damn things on my car SOONER rather than LATER (like, before I go on holidays in 1 weeks time) .... o:)

keep up the good work !

umnitza 08-31-2007 08:13 AM

I'll have the tester parts here in 3 days on Tuesday, so we'll need an E60 up here.

ro11dice 08-31-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='464573' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:13 AM
I'll have the tester parts here in 3 days on Tuesday, so we'll need an E60 up here.

I could offer my e60 again but the earliest I could be in is Thursday. Let me know.

umnitza 09-01-2007 01:02 PM

let me see when it comes in, then we can do the testing with your car.

umnitza 09-05-2007 09:36 AM

The part did not yet show up. It should be here hopefully today or tomorrow.

B1N 09-06-2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='466108' date='Sep 5 2007, 12:36 PM

updates?

umnitza 09-06-2007 06:06 PM

not yet:(:(

coolguy 09-11-2007 08:18 AM

So at one point you say ppl can just update their v2 to v2.1 w/ small tweak by themselves.

Now you are stating you are waiting for parts to arrive.. which is true?

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='464265 (Post 464860)
let me see when it comes in, then we can do the testing with your car.

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='466108' date='Sep 5 2007, 01:36 PM

umnitza 09-11-2007 08:22 AM

Simple, people will get the same part we are waiting for.

This simple part is an easy upgrade, once we test it, we'll begin production of this part and people will easily upgrade their own units, it will take exactly 1 minute to do so if you are sleepy and tired and 20 seconds if you are on a caffeine spike.

coolguy 09-11-2007 08:39 AM

oh k

ocsuprstar 09-11-2007 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='468344' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:22 AM
Simple, people will get the same part we are waiting for.

This simple part is an easy upgrade, once we test it, we'll begin production of this part and people will easily upgrade their own units, it will take exactly 1 minute to do so if you are sleepy and tired and 20 seconds if you are on a caffeine spike.

sounds too good .... let's wait and see. :think: