5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/vendor-classifieds-36/)
-   -   Predator ICE V2.1 Update (https://5series.net/forums/vendor-classifieds-36/predator-ice-v2-1-update-43148/)

umnitza 08-03-2007 04:02 PM

The new units arrived today.
1 was a full RGB version - full color shifting real time - perfect for night shows, gatherings, and for fun - since it's easy to plug and play, we're going to do a special on the regular kit and couple it with the RGB kit for fun.

I did the video today and will post it shortly.

The newest version is still not to my liking but certainly a lot brighter than V2 - this was accomplished by using a larger (XXXX) can't say exactly. I'm going to ask for an increase of another 30-40% and see if that gives me finally what I'm looking for.

Those that have older versions, we will have a trade in problem based on a few factors that we will disclose soon - no upgrade will cost you more than $50 but some of you might be entitled to a free upgrade <-- yes, FREE.

For example, if you purchased V1 for $99, well, your upgrade will cost you $50, if you purchased V2 very recently, and never installed it, then you would only be responsible for shipping to us, and we'll handle the rest:)

But don't email us yet, we're still testing it all out.

Video will be up shortly.

B1N 08-03-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455065' date='Aug 3 2007, 07:02 PM
The new units arrived today.
1 was a full RGB version - full color shifting real time - perfect for night shows, gatherings, and for fun - since it's easy to plug and play, we're going to do a special on the regular kit and couple it with the RGB kit for fun.

I did the video today and will post it shortly.

The newest version is still not to my liking but certainly a lot brighter than V2 - this was accomplished by using a larger (XXXX) can't say exactly. I'm going to ask for an increase of another 30-40% and see if that gives me finally what I'm looking for.

Those that have older versions, we will have a trade in problem based on a few factors that we will disclose soon - no upgrade will cost you more than $50 but some of you might be entitled to a free upgrade <-- yes, FREE.

For example, if you purchased V1 for $99, well, your upgrade will cost you $50, if you purchased V2 very recently, and never installed it, then you would only be responsible for shipping to us, and we'll handle the rest:)

But don't email us yet, we're still testing it all out.

Video will be up shortly.

v2.1? Im a bit confused, so right now you have units that are brighter than v2 that you are going to release? are those the v2.1?

or are you going to wait till you get your satisfed results and release those as v2.1? or are those the v3?

also, what about the v2 owners who bought them during the group buy last month. Ive installed mine on my car for only 2 weeks now do i get free uprgrade too?

thanks

umnitza 08-04-2007 11:13 AM

V2.1 arrived today.

It was tested, it's brighter. NOt to my liking. Stay tuned.

B1N 08-07-2007 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455284' date='Aug 4 2007, 02:13 PM
V2.1 arrived today.

It was tested, it's brighter. NOt to my liking. Stay tuned.

updates? why are you calling it v2.1 instead of v3?

umnitza 08-08-2007 07:10 AM

It's not a wholesale change, just a minor tweak that will yield really good results.

B1N 08-08-2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='456554' date='Aug 8 2007, 10:10 AM
It's not a wholesale change, just a minor tweak that will yield really good results.

i see, will it be brighter than angelbright v3?... should ICE v2 owners swap in for the 2.1 or just wait for your v3?

umnitza 08-09-2007 08:04 AM

I can't predict the final output or the swap - if we will have a price (pre-V2) upgraders, etc. still working out all the details.

andy545 08-21-2007 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='455065 (Post 456554)

Where are we on this Umnitza ? ice v2 sitting in the garage collecting dust... :ermm:

umnitza 08-22-2007 02:43 PM

I've been on vacation for a bit.
The new units are being built, we're still selling quite a few of the V2 units that we still had in stock, 20 this week, so we've been a bit behind on the update, it will be here shortly.

umnitza 08-28-2007 10:37 AM

Ok, guys, I've got some developments that will positively knock you on your butts again.

I'm not going to divulge them, but let's just say, we now know exactly why our product did not "appear" brighter in a test on the E60 by coolguy. But I will divulge the following:

1) LCI is coming tomorrow for testing - final testing for the E60s.
2) We had a customer come by with the V3 from the "competitor" and the claim of 3X is accurate - except that it uses a 3W bulb LED now and not the 5W in our Predator ICE V2.
3) We have a simple, easy to upgrade plan for V2 Predator ICE that will take FULL advantage of our superior light output and have finally discovered why on some cars (e60) the superior light output of the V2 is not being fully utilized.

It tuns out there is some tomfoolery going on out there that you guys will need to know about. So, don't buy ANYTHING yet until you hear the results we have.

As a sneak peak, I'm going to post an image, and I'm going to let you speculate on this image which product you see on there:
https://www.umnitza.com/albums/preda...ared.sized.jpg