Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by G.Sauce
nomis: yeah I'm pretty much SOL on this lol.

Originally Posted by MORI3L' timestamp='1346373657' post='1466382
Use 55W Ballasts on your AE! Then it will be so bright that you won't notice the difference!
Wouldn't that make the inner ring brighter to where it will be too bright? I'm sure it will make the outter ring brighter but the output on both rings still won't match. Do you have this kit on your car? Looking at your sig pic.. you have the HID AE's

I was actually joking...I have a 35W kit... there's not much you can do to get the brightness of the rings even. In all honesty I don't really notice it that much. It could be the bulbs that i'm using...but I don't think that the bulbs will have that big of an effect on light distribution. Your best bet is to just re-install the kit and get some nice bright bulbs.

P.S. don't install 55W ballasts...you'll melt everything!

Good luck!!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: None

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I was actually joking...I have a 35W kit... there's not much you can do to get the brightness of the rings even. In all honesty I don't really notice it that much. It could be the bulbs that i'm using...but I don't think that the bulbs will have that big of an effect on light distribution. Your best bet is to just re-install the kit and get some nice bright bulbs.

P.S. don't install 55W ballasts...you'll melt everything!

Good luck!!
LOL for a minute there I thought you were serious! Thanks for the response. I think I'm done trying to make them match up..!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E61 535D LCI Mkit, full xenon, Head up display, panoramic sunroof, prof.GPS, etc...

Hello, Just wanted to inform you about the reliability of the xenon bulbs in this kit.
I installed the kit John (8000K) in October 2011, three weeks ago one of the bulbs to burn out and the other last Thursday, so a year of life with not much 25000KMs in the year (Note that my xenon bulbs original still work after five years ...). Not wanting to recommend bulbs poor at John for a price too high for low-end Chinese products , I ordered this kit (it's just the bulbs with sockets) cheap, about $ 13 :eBay | XENON HID 2 BULBS Ampoule H7 H1 H3 H4 H11 H13 9005 HB3 HB4 6000K 4300K 8000K H8
I received it yesterday (almost identical John kit) and installed in 30 minutes. it works perfectly.
I thank John to offer this kit is that everything works fine except that the bulbs do a year ...

Here is a small picture of my car (sorry but it is not washed) made today. As you can see (only angel eyes) the bulbs are 6000k and not 8000k like the original kit because I also buy Xenon D1S along the kit hid but they burned after two months so I redeem 6000k to marry well with 6000k D1S original. I precise that the eye is a little less bright than the camera.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

bubls may be similar but the whole kit is entirely different
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

Can anyone comment on how HID AEs look at night? I've some on E46s and they look great in daylight but they turn into blobs at night (no longer a crisp ring).
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 AM
New Members

i just installed a kit but the car is put away so I haven't really seen how it looks at night.

But IMO I got them for how they look during the day. The car stands out more and compared to LED which you can barely tell are even on. At night I could care less since the HID lowbeams are on and really take all the attention.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 AM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

^ That is a valid point. Still, having the AEs and the low beam "blend" together just looks off putting to me. Even though LED AEs are dimmer, at least you still a defined ring around the low beams at night.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

I have a self made HID setup on my angel eyes. i used micro 35w motorbike ballasts (they fit inside the headlight), and solved the check control errors through coding.

Seriously i don't recommend anyone to fit HID angel eyes, they are so bright that at night drivers coming from the front flash at me because my AE's are blinding them.

I think some kind of 20w setup would be better.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by RoberMC
I have a self made HID setup on my angel eyes. i used micro 35w motorbike ballasts (they fit inside the headlight), and solved the check control errors through coding.

Seriously i don't recommend anyone to fit HID angel eyes, they are so bright that at night drivers coming from the front flash at me because my AE's are blinding them.

I think some kind of 20w setup would be better.
Where did you get your motorcycle kit from?

Personally I don't care about other flashing. The newer angel eyes on the X5 are super bright during the day and sometimes I'm squinting at those. Plus The new 2014 LCI angel eye/LED headlights are so freaking blindingly bright. So I feel fine running my Hid angel eyes. People will get used to it. I remember back when hid+projector combo came out I had one of the first makes that had them and would get flashed all the time even though it was OEM. Now it's so common people have gotten used to it. You never get flashed with Hid projectors today.

Plus all the people running HID kits in their reflector housings put of WAY more glare then the angel eyes.

Last edited by horse86; 04-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
New Members

On a second note.....STAY FAR AWAY FROM APLINE MSS HID ANGEL EYES KITS!!!

I've had nothing but issues with them running way to hot. Issues I had to fix myself bc Alex the owner wouldn't do anything to fix his faulty product. Telling me it was my fault which is pretty humorous as the car has been in winter storage and only has 1 hour max on the kit from unlocking, opening door, etc while its been stored.

Not to mention it took a month to get the kit and only got a shipping confirmation after telling him I am going to have to file a CC claimI was told originally they would ship in 3-5 days.

TEERIBLE COMPANY!

Quick Reply: LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!