Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

The MTEC V3 is brighter and is LEDs. That's comparing apples to apples. U cant compare HIDs with LEDs which is like comparing apples to oranges

http://forums.5serie...es-6w-cree-led/
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you use 2 relays? I can't figure it out.
I tested 2 days ago a ballast with solded capacitor (10000uF) and it just worked perfectly,without canbus black box or other things.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by bmw_deutsch
I tested 2 days ago a ballast with solded capacitor (10000uF) and it just worked perfectly,without canbus black box or other things.
Come back in a few weeks.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by bmw_deutsch
This is also a mystery to me. I guess there's more then one way to design an HID kit...
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi black

Ok I'm new to the forum , so I was looking through threads about upgrades for my 08 528 xi and motorcept pops up on over 80% of them. So I live real close to the shop so I shot over there to see about doing my AE hid upgrade, I met with John and the dude is pretty much the Asian Jesus , just a real nice guy willing to help in anyway possible. Which is great cause this is my first BMW and I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to upgrades, so he told me my options btw LEDs and HIDs so I decided to go with the HIDs he took care of me real quick no more than 30-40 min. He also threw in some free LEDs for the license plates and some coding as well. The lights look awesome. Not going to lie when I pulled up he had like 2 m5s and then a m6 that pulled up behind me , I almost felt like I was driving a Prius compared to these guys but John showed me enough attention as if I were just as important as the big dawgs. He also threw in some free marketing for himself ( stickers, license plate frames, and key chains). All in all I was 100 satisfied with the product and service my only complaint was the price, it sure as hell was not no $200 , he charged me $300, in his defense nothing was hidden he told me everything upfront and he even took 20 bucks off when I told him I found him through this site. He gave me the price and I agreed to it. That was a big damper but it didn't drive me off completely. I don't know how to put pics up but when I figure it out I put up the pix of John throwing on the new light and how they came out
Old 07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Frank and Beamer
Ok I'm new to the forum , so I was looking through threads about upgrades for my 08 528 xi and motorcept pops up on over 80% of them. So I live real close to the shop so I shot over there to see about doing my AE hid upgrade, I met with John and the dude is pretty much the Asian Jesus , just a real nice guy willing to help in anyway possible. Which is great cause this is my first BMW and I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to upgrades, so he told me my options btw LEDs and HIDs so I decided to go with the HIDs he took care of me real quick no more than 30-40 min. He also threw in some free LEDs for the license plates and some coding as well. The lights look awesome. Not going to lie when I pulled up he had like 2 m5s and then a m6 that pulled up behind me , I almost felt like I was driving a Prius compared to these guys but John showed me enough attention as if I were just as important as the big dawgs. He also threw in some free marketing for himself ( stickers, license plate frames, and key chains). All in all I was 100 satisfied with the product and service my only complaint was the price, it sure as hell was not no $200 , he charged me $300, in his defense nothing was hidden he told me everything upfront and he even took 20 bucks off when I told him I found him through this site. He gave me the price and I agreed to it. That was a big damper but it didn't drive me off completely. I don't know how to put pics up but when I figure it out I put up the pix of John throwing on the new light and how they came out

Thanks for the compliment! Well of course it will cost more when you come get it installed. Pricing is always different when installed at the shop compared to orders online. With little overhead online, everything is cheaper. I am glad you like the lights
Old 08-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Members

My Ride: None

John,

I am interested in your product. But is there any way of making the outter ring brighter so it will match the inner rings? I've had HID AE's before on my LCI E60 but the outter ring was too dim. I am aware that the bulbs light up the inner rings first.. then the outter. So there's not much we can do about that other than going with Orions (but I don't want to take apart my headlights).

If there is a solution to make both rings light up evenly.. please let me know! Thanks!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by G.Sauce
John,

I am interested in your product. But is there any way of making the outter ring brighter so it will match the inner rings? I've had HID AE's before on my LCI E60 but the outter ring was too dim. I am aware that the bulbs light up the inner rings first.. then the outter. So there's not much we can do about that other than going with Orions (but I don't want to take apart my headlights).

If there is a solution to make both rings light up evenly.. please let me know! Thanks!
You answered your own question really.

It's a physics problem, so unless magicians work on cars, you've hit a dead end.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Use 55W Ballasts on your AE! Then it will be so bright that you won't notice the difference!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Members

My Ride: None

nomis: yeah I'm pretty much SOL on this lol.

quote name='MORI3L' timestamp='1346373657' post='1466382']
Use 55W Ballasts on your AE! Then it will be so bright that you won't notice the difference!
[/quote]

Wouldn't that make the inner ring brighter to where it will be too bright? I'm sure it will make the outter ring brighter but the output on both rings still won't match. Do you have this kit on your car? Looking at your sig pic.. you have the HID AE's

Quick Reply: LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!