Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

here's a pic from a 650i. HID FOgs and MTEC V2 angel eyes

HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price-cimg2873.jpg
HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price-cimg2874.jpg
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i e60, Mystic blue: license plate LED, chrome grille

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Some pix of DKNewYork's car and mine in comparison. He has 12000K (purple) and mine is 6000K (white). Will have daytime pix by sunday. No errors, no flicker, pure happiness

Taken without flash and all lights on. The car on the right has 6000K fogs and matches the stock HIDs/bixenons perfectly.

Taken with flash. Purple hue for the car on the left. Very nice purple. I am surprised how nice it looked.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9376/dsc09789mn8.jpg

why does it look like you both have your outside xenon off but the inside xenon on ? LOL
Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey Brabusw,
I just found your post and am very interested in installing HID Fogs and matching 8000K low beam xenon bulbs. (Would this be D1S or D2S?). I have a pre-LCI 2007 E60 and have already installed WeissLicht lights for the Angel Eyes. Of course I'm interested in a solution where absolutely no error messages occur, no flickering, no FM interference etc etc. I also just installed an OEM Mtech kit so any illustrations regarding the install required for this would be much appreciated.

Please suggest what best solutions you can offer (leaning towards more blue light than white light so I presume 8000K as apposed to 6000K would do the trick). Also would like the most dependable ballasts you have etc, What best pricing can you offer with shipment to Toronto, Canada?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Brabusw,
In addition to the fogs, these are the ones I would like to change up for something bright. (See my previous post above).

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price-bmw_front_lens2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am assuming you're not referring to the ring. That'll be your high beam. You can get HID high beams, but since it's flash to pass, it kind defeats the idea of HID.

Your best bet is to get higer wattage halogen bulb, though it's probably not recommended as it might melt the housing.

Why do you want your high beams to be brighter anyway? Do you drive with it? Or because it's used as DRL?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Nomis,
Yes, you are correct. I'm refering the the Halogen high-beam lamp and not the AE ring. The problem I have is that I believe for BMWs in Canada, a DRL module lights the high beams with an alternating lower voltage so they are less bright than when the high beams are on normally. The DRL's come on in run and start.

It may be easer to leave these as-is and just upgrade my fogs to HID and be done with it. I wonder if fellow Canadians have other solutions to DRL? Time to search the forums again.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i upgraded my high beam/drl to a much brighter bulb but because it is lower voltage it still comes out yellow. I just turned my drls off. If I feel like I need some kind of drl, I just turn on my halos and hid fogs.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Georgieb: As I thought, since I did notice you're from Canada. Your best bet is to follow the DIY by miguex, which will swap out the halogen bulb to white LEDs.

Alternatively, you can also get much brighter AE's, and have dealer turn off the DRL, citing that the AE's are bright enough as an alternative to high beam DRL. Or if they refuse, you could put in a resistor, and just take out the bulbs. Obviously you'll lose high beam function this way.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

thanks for the interest everyone. Sorry I had been busy and had been only replying PMs. Feel free to text me or call me if you need immediate assistance! PMs all replied.

The rings u will need the MTEC V2 angel eye rings. I thank all members for helping me answer questions.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Alternatively, you can also get much brighter AE's, and have dealer turn off the DRL, citing that the AE's are bright enough as an alternative to high beam DRL. Or if they refuse, you could put in a resistor, and just take out the bulbs. Obviously you'll lose high beam function this way.
Yes, after doing some research I have a few options. I'm also in the process of upgrading my iDrive system and CIC unit and with the help of one of the members of this forum, we can actually re-code my car to disable DRL from using the Halogen hi-beams. If we cannot re-program the AE rings as DRL, as another option I can wire them up myself. This thread has good reference info with wire diagrams: https://5series.net/forums/topic/988...&#entry1175787

Brabus,
Are your MTEC V2 angel eye kits substantially brighter than the WeissLicht AE lights i just purchased? If so, I'll consider replacing them. In addition I would like to upgrade my fog lights with the best HID kit you have.

I just sent you an email regarding this.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price