E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

530 x-Drive with KW variant 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

TERVE!!! HELLO!!!

This morning I went to Tepalmet Motorsport at Lappeenranta Finland to install the suspension. It took 4 hours to get it done with wheel alignment and 2 test drives... The service in that company is top quality!!! Thank you guys!
About the set up. I didn´t want to lower it much, so the rear suspension is at the highest position and was lowered 2,5 cm. Front is now a bit higher than the rear. It was lowered 3 cm and it will drop a bit after the springs get used to the weight.

I don´t have much experiences from the suspension yet, but after the afternoon test session it feels good Going over the small cracks on the road it feels softer than the original suspension with 19" tires. When cornering hard it is much stiffer and theres no bodyroll, it just goes smoothly What a feeling it was to drive on a very very curvy road with that suspension...
Overall it feels "sophisticated" like it should be in this kind of a car.

Week ago I got my Breyton Spirits 8,5/9,5x19 with Michelin PS2 245/35 and 285/30. Some may say its boring classical look of BMW, but that is exactly what I´m looking for. Didn´t want to have too "flashy" look since its the familywagon
I had to settle with the 19" diameter because of the potholes and bad roads and after using them for a week I`m happy with these. Michelins are very quiet and they don´t feel much harder than 17" Nokians.

Here are the first pics...I´ll post better ones after I get back home
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-img_5318.jpg
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-img_5319.jpg
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-img_5324.jpg
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-saimaan-kanavalla2.jpg
Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congrats!

Looks great. It will look even better when the front settles, as you will get that more purposeful raked / slanted look.
Nice to hear the performance is good to. I had the Michalins on one of my previous E60s and also thought they are a great tyre.
So you are now running 4wd, KW3 and Michalins -- now that's what I call grip and control!!

Enjoy...
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

You were right Mika, the car looks awsome now!
Congrats!

We will make it even nicer by polishing it after the Midsummer .

- Antti -
Old 06-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Congrats!

Looks great. It will look even better when the front settles, as you will get that more purposeful raked / slanted look.
Nice to hear the performance is good to. I had the Michalins on one of my previous E60s and also thought they are a great tyre.
So you are now running 4wd, KW3 and Michalins -- now that's what I call grip and control!!

Enjoy...
I agree the front is a bit high. Its just over 36cm from the middle of the wheel to the fender while the back is 35cm. I´ll get that front to the same height...
The grip is awesome...

Originally Posted by Anzafin
You were right Mika, the car looks awsome now!
Congrats!

We will make it even nicer by polishing it after the Midsummer .

- Antti -
Thanks mate
The paint work is in poor condition at the moment. Def needs polishing and then its time for the pictures...possibly even HTC MEET hahaa
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 e61 525 dA - silbergrau metallic - OEM M-sport body kit -full electric heated and climate Comfort seats with memory - heated rear seats - navi professional - bluetooth - adaptive xenon lghts - panorama sunroof - automatic lights and wipers -TV and DVD in motion front and rear - speak controll - Detachable towhook - Defa electric heater - Rear windows tint - ... more coming up summer OZ superturismo vinter Style ???

looks reeeeelly nice mika stylish classic not too tuned. we´ll take a closer look at HTC meet soon ?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by Tuuborg
looks reeeeelly nice mika stylish classic not too tuned. we´ll take a closer look at HTC meet soon ?

Absolutely!
Right after when all this work hassle has ended for the spring/summer .

- Antti -
Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530xd Touring 2007 pre-LCI

looks nice, but when are you going to lower your car?

just kidding, but you could easily drop it 1-2cm more
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tucalong
looks nice, but when are you going to lower your car?

just kidding, but you could easily drop it 1-2cm more
Hehe Actually the front have already settled a bit and it is now at the same height with the rear...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530xd Touring 2007 pre-LCI

here's mine 530xd with H&R front springs and shorter link arms on rear axle
Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

Today I measured the front and it was still higher than the rear so I dropped it to the same level with the rear...
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-22062010300.jpg

So this is how it was with the original suspension
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-pihassa.jpg

And here it is today. The front is now dropped 40mm and the back 25mm and all the corners are 35cm from the middle of the rim to the fender.
530 x-Drive with KW variant 3-pihassa1.jpg

This is the height I´m going to leave it and I´m very satisfied with it
After all its my daily driver, beater and a supercar all in one and I need to be able to get in to the garages etc so I don´t wanna lower it too much...

Quick Reply: 530 x-Drive with KW variant 3