E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hawk HPS pads installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well, yesterday I picked up the pads from Michael (Acute Performance - Myfootsmells) and, as promised, installed them today. First impressions are that they seem to have a more aggressive compound than the stock pads (in the picture the Hawks are on the left the OEM pads are on the right) and I will update this thread as they are broken in and let you guys know the performance of the pads. Sorry for the crappy Blackberry pics. So far I have only driven the car out of my garage and into my driveway, but the squeak is gone!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hawk HPS pads installed-img00110.jpg   Hawk HPS pads installed-img00109.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

don't forget to bed the pads properly...

http://www.zeckhause...g_in_brakes.htm

(redeyejedi/mel...told you I'd post a link for you just in case )
Old 03-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

Oh, not to worry Gene, this aint my first time doing this. They will get broken in properly, for now I am just excited NOT to hear that annoying squeak!!! My car no longer sounds like and 88 Cavalier when slowing to a stop
Old 03-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

wohoo! yes please continue to update this thread. btw, i carry the full line of hawk brake pads, if you need a pair go with something proven!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

Good lookin out Gene. Much appreciated and glad I finally got to meet you. Hopefully you'll be out to another event before you have to return the 535.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Ok, so I took my car to an industrial area (all warehouses) near my house. I did 14 10-60-10-60 runs, and all I can say is HOLY SHIT !!!! These pads have incredible bite to them!!!! They even smelled better than the OEM pads (and I could definitely smell them during every turn at 10 mph)!!!! The squeak is gone and these pads stop straight and true each and every time. Braking was very smooth and controlled. THANK YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL!!!!!!! My car now brakes and SOUNDS like a BMW under braking - goodbye Cavalier, hello E60!!! I just fell in love with my car all over again
Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Good lookin out Gene. Much appreciated and glad I finally got to meet you. Hopefully you'll be out to another event before you have to return the 535.

Hey Melvin, let me know when you want to install your pads and let's do it!!! You will not believe the improvement.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor

WOW! I was expecting a positive response but nothing like this. I know people are always skeptical of a new product but Hawk pads have been around for a long time providing auto crossers, part time trackers, and track junkies with a great product.

Now you need some Redline brake fluid.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by pjinca
Ok, so I took my car to an industrial area (all warehouses) near my house. I did 14 10-60-10-60 runs, and all I can say is HOLY SHIT !!!! These pads have incredible bite to them!!!! They even smelled better than the OEM pads (and I could definitely smell them during every turn at 10 mph)!!!! The squeak is gone and these pads stop straight and true each and every time. Braking was very smooth and controlled. THANK YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL!!!!!!! My car now brakes and SOUNDS like a BMW under braking - goodbye Cavalier, hello E60!!! I just fell in love with my car all over again
Old 03-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
WOW! I was expecting a positive response but nothing like this. I know people are always skeptical of a new product but Hawk pads have been around for a long time providing auto crossers, part time trackers, and track junkies with a great product.

Now you need some Redline brake fluid.

Michael
Acute Performance

Well Michael, there can be no mistake, these are a HUGE upgrade in performance and feel over the OEM pads.

I will update as I see how they do in normal driving situations
Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

now to find someone with Axxis. i think i have someone for that comparison.

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS pads installed