E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hawk HPS pads installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
now to find someone with Axxis. i think i have someone for that comparison.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey michael, how about a mtech vs non mtech body comparison?

i know just the car that doesnt have mtech yet!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Members

Nice to see such a positive review of these pads. Might look into getting these.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I neglected to mention in my original post, I wasn't comparing these to worn OEM pads. I had my pads replaced 4 weeks ago under the maint warranty. And yet still the difference is staggering. So if anyone wants OEM front pads, barely used, hit me up
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
hey michael, how about a mtech vs non mtech body comparison?

i know just the car that doesnt have mtech yet!
nah, but if he ever wants to do a comparo of XXXX wheels vs. DPE's I am game for that too
Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Way to go, John! I also recently installed Hawk HPS pads on my car and I love them. The only thing that sucks about mine is that I didn't get them from Acute Perfomance(and Tire Rack ain't exactly the type of place that'd give you the type of track-proven recommendations that you get from Michael). And, as John mentioned several times, NOT A SQUEAK!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I neglected to mention in my original post, I wasn't comparing these to worn OEM pads. I had my pads replaced 4 weeks ago under the maint warranty. And yet still the difference is staggering. So if anyone wants OEM front pads, barely used, hit me up
did dealer replaced sensor or just pads?? and did you replaced sensor when u installed hawk??
the reason why im asking is... i had squeek on my break and i thought it was pad but it was actually from the sensor.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monsterj34
did dealer replaced sensor or just pads?? and did you replaced sensor when u installed hawk??
the reason why im asking is... i had squeek on my break and i thought it was pad but it was actually from the sensor.

Yes, the dealer replaced the sensor as well as the pads, I could tell because it was on the paperwork when I picked the car up and the sensor looked new when I removed it. Michael also provided a new sensor so I did replace the sensor as well as the pads. The dealer, I discovered, also did not fully tighten the front wheels after doing the brakes. When I painted my brake calipers last weekend they were barely finger tight
Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 520d - 1995cc-177bhp, Business audio, Adaptive Xenons, ACS Roof & Trunk Spoilers, M6 Kidney Grill, ///M Badging, Carbon Fibre Door Lock Pins, ///M Wheel hub caps,

Hi to all!

My car (E60 520D LCI) is due for a front brake pad change in the next 800kms, and i am looking for a performance brake pad set! Now, after searching here and there, i have come up with the following choices:

1. Hawk HPS
2. Hawk Performance Ceramic
3. EBC Red Stuff.

I see the reviews of the Hawk HPS as highly rated here, but there isn't any info about the other two.

Could someone please let me know which is the best of these 3?

@Michael, can you please quote me for the Hawk HPS and Ceramic for the fronts, rears, and shipped to India?

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

HP Ceramic it's good but it's just normal like all other brake pads out there. If you want that extra bite, Hawk HPS is the way to go.
EBC Red Stuff is some good stuff. I'd get them over the Hawk Ceramics but I still personally feel like Hawk HPS is the best out of all three.

Please PM me your full address so I can find out shipping costs.

Michael
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS pads installed