DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

E60 General ECU Tree

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we go along we get many questions in regards to the below. Hopefully this will be helpful for those who are doing DIY troubleshooting and analysis of your car and the errors that come.
Because we are independent we have a lot info supplied to us which isn't available openly. Some of you may know this info or at least a bit of it. The diagram is not for all E60's but in general. Hopefully this is helpful to those who don't know. Thanks!

E60 General ECU Tree-eculist.jpg
E60 General ECU Tree-e60ecu1.jpg
E60 General ECU Tree-e60ecu2.jpg
E60 General ECU Tree-e60ecu3.jpg
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Now this is a helpful post. Should come in handy for sure.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Hi

Please PM me for a special price for this: BMW Progman v41 USB OBD Package DIS SSS NCSExpert INPA EDIABAS

Thanks,

Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus
As we go along we get many questions in regards to the below. Hopefully this will be helpful for those who are doing DIY troubleshooting and analysis of your car and the errors that come.
Because we are independent we have a lot info supplied to us which isn't available openly. Some of you may know this info or at least a bit of it. The diagram is not for all E60's but in general. Hopefully this is helpful to those who don't know. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Members
Senior Members

I received my BMW Diagnostic Package-4 today. Upon connecting the USB cable to my laptop, it crashed. I had to go to safe mode and did a system restore to get my laptop to work again. For that case, I am concerned about what kind of damages it can do to my expensive to fix car.

Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to install the software first (4 discs)? Is that why my laptop crashed?

2. Does it come with a manual or cheat sheet on how to properly install or operate it?

3. Once I hook the cable up to my car, can I create a restore point if I want to put my car back to its previous or BMW original settings?

4. Should I install this software on another laptop that will be used specifically for this tool? Or it does not matter?

I bought this package because I don't want to deal with any software/computer glitches or headaches. Please feel free to share your experiences.

Have a great day!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Hey E60I I got your PM. Damn that was quick! You were just asking me about this just a couple of days ago. I haven't had any bad experiences. We all use USB cable.

Like I said in PM I don't think your questions belong in this post but because you pointed me here I'll go ahead and respond here. I have never heard of 1 person that had their computer crash by inserting a USB cable into their laptop. It's not like you installed any software because your post above says that you didn't. Why would you need a "restore" point for your car again? Once you update your car to the latest CIP you cannot go back to an earlier version. Once your data status is updated then you're updated. If you use NCS then you're not updating anything, you're only changing options. If you update your car then to code your car you need to have files that are a later version to code.
If you want to make your own post to ask/learn how to use DIS, Progman or whatever you want to learn then you should do that. We already have an NCS Coding thread here and you can learn a lot from that if you're using it. Searching the forum will be more helpful than PM'ing members for advice. I can tell you're new here so just sit back and read, you'll get the hang of everything I'm sure.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Okay, thanks! I thought it would would come with a manual or just plug and play kind of package.

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Hey E60I I got your PM. Damn that was quick! You were just asking me about this just a couple of days ago. I haven't had any bad experiences. We all use USB cable.

Like I said in PM I don't think your questions belong in this post but because you pointed me here I'll go ahead and respond here. I have never heard of 1 person that had their computer crash by inserting a USB cable into their laptop. It's not like you installed any software because your post above says that you didn't. Why would you need a "restore" point for your car again? Once you update your car to the latest CIP you cannot go back to an earlier version. Once your data status is updated then you're updated. If you use NCS then you're not updating anything, you're only changing options. If you update your car then to code your car you need to have files that are a later version to code.
If you want to make your own post to ask/learn how to use DIS, Progman or whatever you want to learn then you should do that. We already have an NCS Coding thread here and you can learn a lot from that if you're using it. Searching the forum will be more helpful than PM'ing members for advice. I can tell you're new here so just sit back and read, you'll get the hang of everything I'm sure.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Hi Sam or anyone who is knowledgable about the BMW Diagnostic Package 4,

I double clicked on OBDSetup.exe and encountered a screen with "Warning". Serial Setup registry file is non functional because it is a "read only" notepad format.

Can you please provide me the steps on how to create a functional serial set up file, so I can clear the warning?

Thank you,
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I was looking for this! Someone has a problem with SIM and needed to know what bus it was on. Man talk about a buried thread.